Hi!

blacksmith76

Local time
3:46 AM
Hey everyone! A month or two ago I stumbled on this site, and immediately began eyeballing the Nirve Mooneyes cruiser that had been collecting dust in the garage.

I have always had a small motorcycle fetish and the boardtrackers and custom bikes on here just totally blew my mind. So, here are some pics of my first build. The kit is from Dax. There is no way I could have built this bike without this forum - thanks!! Also, thanks to Blaze for posting the info on his Nirve and to Hellbilly for answering my questions about the top tube gas tank setup. :cool:

Now the challenge is keeping myself from riding/tinkering 24/7! :D

Attachments

• nirve 037.jpg
    nirve 037.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 170
  • nirve 039.jpg
    nirve 039.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 159
  • nirve 040.jpg
    nirve 040.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 157
I love that yellow, you must get alot of jealous looks when riding around town. I do, and my bike is a piece of carp.

Thanks guys!! I wish I could take more credit for it, but even the motor mount I copied from that Felt bike with the top tube gas tank, if you have seen the pics. No need to reinvent the wheel, you know. I think the only real innovation was the chopper petcock to clear the air filter. It was a good looking bike to start with, I just finished it off. The Nirve frame just looks like it needs an engine, don't you think?

You just use this 45 minute model airplane epoxy to seal the holes inside the frame. There is a member on this forum named Blaze who wrote a thread on how to do it. It works great and holds somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 gallon.

This thing is a blast to ride, much more safe and stable feeling than I envisioned. Can't wait until the break in period is over. I'm going to add some ape hangers and a 36 tooth sprocket eventually, I think.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to hanging out and learning more!

Thanks again for the kind words! :D

I'm ready to build another one already! I think I have a problem... :LOL:
Please, please do. Keep doing that quality of work, keep building, put everyone in your family, everyone of your friends, heck - EVERYBODY in your community on one. The more, the merrier, and the sooner the better.

I'd LOVE to be able to ride down a street where cars are the minority of vehicles on the road.

Back