Hi.

Mbrown202

Local time
10:37 AM
New dude here and I'm not going to sugarcoat it: I knew next to nothing about small engines or motorized bikes, but this forum has been a bountiful fount of knowledge from the get-go. Most of the questions I had were asked by someone else years ago

My first build was absolute junk and never ran correctly at all, but my second attempt churned out a relatively reliable beater bike that I use to put around town for small errand runs and whatnot.

Because I double-nut with nylon nuts whenever I can, most things on the bike don't need periodic tightening. The lone exception is the bike's sprocket hub adapter, which usually tries to divorce from the stock sprocket every 20 or so miles traveled.

That'll likely stop once I get around to buying better nylon nuts and double-nutting those, too.

Anyway, good to be here. Hope to learn more.

I don't know what to think. Back in the early days I put together three stock kits and used the rag sprocket clamped to the spokes centered and tightened in a criss cross pattern and never had any problems. Never had one come loose or break spokes .Now I did tune my wheel . But back then the rag joint was pretty much the only option and they worked.I'm thinking that you all are super tuning and making horse power beyond what the spokes can stand . Back then we didn't have the parts now available. You guys have done a great job on product development and solved problems a long the way.It's been an amazing experience to watch the bikes evolve and you all learn and teach the nubies. As they say Good on you Hats off Tom

I don't know what to think. Back in the early days I put together three stock kits and used the rag sprocket clamped to the spokes centered and tightened in a criss cross pattern and never had any problems. Never had one come loose or break spokes .Now I did tune my wheel . But back then the rag joint was pretty much the only option and they worked.I'm thinking that you all are super tuning and making horse power beyond what the spokes can stand . Back then we didn't have the parts now available. You guys have done a great job on product development and solved problems a long the way.It's been an amazing experience to watch the bikes evolve and you all learn and teach the nubies. As they say Good on you Hats off Tom
So id guess my crappy attempt to give you young guys an attaboy wasn't received well. Maybe my ability to express my feelings isn't as good as it could be. I am a grumpy old geezer most of the time.. That's what my dad left me when he died . Grumpy old geezer sindrome. It's hereditary. But I really being honest have enjoyed watching the evolution of the bikes and the forums and you all as hobbyist s as a group. It's been quite a journey and almost as fun as riding the bikes. Well maybe not but very interesting anyway. Tom

Back