Hide da motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

umeboshi

Local time
5:48 PM
Well, as you all know by now, I'm quite igrunt about motorized bikes tho I'd love to have one... so tolerate this really weird question, please....

I was thinkin'.... for a rear mounted motor like a rear friction drive, etc, could you put a pasteboard box over the engine and make it look like you were just carrying a package or something... or would it make the motor overheat??

Yes, I'm serious... :)

umeboshi

Hide Motor

Check Out Warner's Thread On Hiding His Mitsubi****le43 Pretty Good Job!

Never understood the Idea of hiding the motor, COPS arn't DEAF they can hear the motor. It would make the operator of the bike look stupid trying to cover the motor when the cops can hear it coming. Trust me if your not legal in your state DON"T put one on unless for private property and farm use only. The outcome can be costly.

Never understood the Idea of hiding the motor, COPS arn't DEAF they can hear the motor. It would make the operator of the bike look stupid trying to cover the motor when the cops can hear it coming. Trust me if your not legal in your state DON"T put one on unless for private property and farm use only. The outcome can be costly.

i SEE YOU HAVE A HT, PRETTY HARD TO CAMO, BUT RACK MOUNTS ARE MORE INCONSPICUOUS, EASIER TO KEEP UNDER THE RADAR SO TO SPEAK. mINE IS LEGAL IN MY STATE, i REGISTERED IT , GOT A STICKER ON THE BACK OF THE MOTOR, 40 BUCKS FOR 2 YRS, NO INS. NEEDED. i'VE HAD MANY COPS DO ADOUBLE TAKE WHEN i GO BY, BUT WHEN THEY SEE IT'S GOT A STICKER THEY GO ON THEIR MERRY WAY, LEAVING ME UNHARRASSED.ALWAYS WEAR A MOTORCYCLE HELMUT REAR TAILLIGHT, A RIGHT AND LEFT SIDE SET OF MIRRORS AND OBEY ALL TRAFFIC RULES. THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF YOUR BIKE IS LEGAL AND YOU HAVE ALL THE NECCESSARY SAFETY EQUIPMENT I DON'T THINK IT HURTS TO CAMO THE MOTOR JUST SO IT DOESN'T ATTRACT ANY UNDO ATTENTION. THAT'S JUST MY OPINION,I WUOLDN'T WANT TO ENCOURAGE ANYONE TO DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL

Okay, guys, thanks. Can anybody point me to the Warner post mentioned above. I have read several but cannot locate the one on hiding the motor.

boshi

Just a thought, the color of those "hidden" speed cameras, here it's greyish, acts as a natural camo., till ya get a fine in post. the camera post and camera box is grey in color for a reason if you think about it.

Point is, if the entire bike is painted 1 color and the entire engine, exhaust pipe the same color as the bike, is probbaly as good as it gets ??
Those of you who are color experts, what colors act as natural camos ?
Sky blue, black, etc ?

Okay, guys, thanks. Can anybody point me to the Warner post mentioned above. I have read several but cannot locate the one on hiding the motor.

boshi

go to picture gallery, scroll down to warners bike. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Thank you. What does "Stanton outside drive kit" mean? Is this a friction drive with saddle bags?

Comments appreciated.

boshi

Thank you. What does "Stanton outside drive kit" mean? Is this a friction drive with saddle bags?

Comments appreciated.

boshi

staton makes a chain drive, outside drive comes off the left side of the gearbox to a left hand threaded freewheel off the wheel hub also on the left side . the staton site will explain it in greater detail. Thet have a pretty good gallery,too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back