high altitude

Kamalazooz3

Local time
1:49 PM
so, my city is at a very high altitude ~6000ft and I want to know how do I adjust the needle before I break-in the motor so that I wouldn't damage the motor by improperly setting the clip in the wrong slot I already watched some youtube vids saying that I should run a leaner ratio and that i should place the clip in the 2nd slot from the top so placed it there but i don't really trust youtube vids that much and i want a second opinion so do i keep it like that or what should i do

so, my city is at a very high altitude ~6000ft and I want to know how do I adjust the needle before I break-in the motor so that I wouldn't damage the motor by improperly setting the clip in the wrong slot I already watched some youtube vids saying that I should run a leaner ratio and that i should place the clip in the 2nd slot from the top so placed it there but i don't really trust youtube vids that much and i want a second opinion so do i keep it like that or what should i do
You want to break-in with a richer fuel mix...If your running a basic China Girl with stock carburetor and stock exhaust etc. At your altitude of 6000 ft., you want to start out right where your at on the needle valve, one notch down from the top notch, after break-in you will probably have to put it on the very top notch.

I am at the top notch myself after my break-in and I'm at a 4500 ft altitude here in the high desert of Alamogordo, NM.

You also want to be using around a 25:1 oil to gas ratio as well.

Back