High compression head causes clutch to slip.

guzzo9000

Local time
12:49 PM
I bought myself a BBR tuning stage 3 engine. It comes with a high compression head, but it doesnt allow me to use it because the clutch slips whenever i install the head. I can use the stock head, but my clutch doesnt have enough grip to start my engine with extra compression. I've tried tightening the clutch, and i've tried cleaning the clutch with brake cleaner, but nothing works.

Any suggestions? I want to utilize what i paid for.

There is an adjuster under the clutch cable lug that lets you put more preload on the clutch,this will reqiure the whole thing to be setup again but it will be tighter! Also just so you and others know most so called high comp heads are lower than or equal to the stock with most still being lower comp than stock.You may want to check for clearance issues with the aftermarket head I cant see how it would be any different than the stock for start up unless there is other issues.

Yeah never heard of that problem with the head your pads might be worn out or glazed. Grease or oil could have gotten on them. Maybe replacing the pads would help.

adjusted properly, that shouldn't happen - read the cable/clutch adjust threads and be sure clutch is just barely free at lever lock point

I literally just bought the same head for my 66cc skyhawk , I haven’t started it up yet , I didn’t shave down the head at all but was wondering if I should before starting?

Attachments

• 28CB08D0-9F39-4244-A7FE-1092660F4B22.jpeg
    28CB08D0-9F39-4244-A7FE-1092660F4B22.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 174
I literally just bought the same head for my 66cc skyhawk , I haven’t started it up yet , I didn’t shave down the head at all but was wondering if I should before starting?
Just check the clearance, measure the squish gap.
If you're using the stock aluminium 0.7mm head gaskets you can adjust (reduce) the clearance by 0.3 up to 0.5mm by using the copper gaskets, or by 0.65mm by using twisted Teflon tape as a gasket. This might be easier to get perfect than shaving down the head.

Back