High Compression head spark plug?

Lukesky36

Local time
1:50 PM
Can any of you give me some recommendations for a NGK sparkplug? It is a high compression head so i believe the plug has too have smaller reach?

Fred head takes the stock size. Don't know about the others. What head do you have? That would be useful.

Fred head takes the stock size. Don't know about the others. What head do you have? That would be useful.
Yea i know for a fact the stock kit plug will work just wondering if there is a ngk version that doesn't protrude into the chamber and yes its a Fred Head

I don't think any of the threads protrude on mine. Now I'llhave to check when I rebuild the engine.

I will be getting the head next week ill take the head to a store and try some plugs and see what works ill post the plug-s that works for future reference for people

I run a B5HS but really any NGK plug is better than the kit spark plugs. As long as it's long enough but not too long it should be fine.

Most of the Fred heads are the opposite - the plug does not protrude enough past the threads and is shrouded. The proper fix is to mill down the top of the plug boss, but most just run an extended plug.

Back