High Desert Roller

LabDude661

Local time
9:21 PM
I just got my frame-mounted 70cc 2-stroke hooked up to my mountain bike and after haveing only riden it once... I'M SO FRIGGIN' HOOKED!!! It by far has to be the cheapest fun I've ever experienced. I plan to use it for my 9 mile commute as soon as I'm confident that it will get me there without needing me to carry a tool kit with me. I'm a pretty light guy (145lbs) and it was at one time a nice light-weight mountain bike so I can really cook on that thing. I haven't opened it up because I've read that you don't want to open it up past half throttle for the first gallon of gas. I hope that being light will also reach the full MPG potential on this thing. I bought my package from boygofast which never did send me instructions. I was so anxious to get the bike rolling that I just went in with both guns blazing and put it on with no intructions and only limited mechanical experience. Long story short... A week later and about the fifth time disasembling and reasembling it, I'm rockin. For the new people out there, read as many posts here as you possibly can before doing your build. New hardware is a must since the included stuff strips out with very little effort. My biggest hurdle was making the tensioner work for me. I found that if the tensioner is too far back and too near the rear-wheel sproket, the torque of you simply pedaling tears it down into the spokes of the wheel. My solution was to move the whole engine forward to tighten the chain and then the tensioner wasn't really needed. I put it on still because I know the chain will stretch and I'll need it later. So anyway, I'm in this hobby neck deep know and I really need to stop picking on these hobbies that keep the car out of the garage.

Hi LabDude661. Welcome to MBc!
Glad to hear your up and running. Yes it takes a bit of tinkering but it truly an experience.
Its so true about your comment "read as many posts here as you possibly can before doing your build."
If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will
steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

test

Welcome LabDude,

Keep at it, you're obviously on it. Check spokes, nuts, listen. Something will give and the sooner you catch it the better. I expect surprises, for the tool I'm not carrying. You should still carry the basics.

Back