Carby High idle, no air leak

I alredy ordered a 66cc china girl. 32mm intake and 38mm crank. I hope it's a good increase in power. I'm not exactly "slim".

I have a cheap banana pipe, the upper engine exhaust hole is done correctly. It's the same, but instead of the rectangle exhaust port, it's a circle like the actual exhaust.

Also, I'll buy the generic "High Performance" carb they sell on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Perfo...e+carubretor&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0|0

Other than that a CNC head (Wich one has better cooling,the cubic or the round one?) wich I'll sand down a bit for higher compression.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I'll check the seal under the magneto. But- can a very lean mixture affect idle?

I had the muffler off and didn't re-jet my carb.
yes very lean makes uncontrollable high idle. Leaving the muffler off is just a really bad idea. Both of these most likely caused the chrome being destroyed. Good luck with the new engine.

Thanks. What about the upgrades? Any good? Is the vm18 Mikuni carb better? Or more worth the price? Does it have an ACTUAL idle screw, not just idle mixture screw?

I like the cheap NT clone that has the chinese chars on the side - always works.

if your as dumb as I it's better to conquer the simple then work into the complexed. Gradually you get a grip.

I alredy got a new exhaust wich is a banana pipe. That's why I want a higher air flow exhaust. But this time I'll re-jet it. BUT! Could I just put a bigger air filter on it? I currently have the one that is a black circle and has 4 pipes comming out. If I put on one that is bigger, like on the link I sent, that would be enough right?

I tried the Keihin clone and its a pain to tune vs the simple and cheap NT carb. If you want a bit more flow and better looks you can throw a small cone filter on it with the long offset intake. Will give a little bit more power and mid range too.

You should ALWAYS be tuning your bikes since not only is every person's location different but every motor will like slightly different things as well.

Back