High idle ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neufcruz

Local time
11:40 AM
bike runs fine. Starts fine etc... Now, after I'm riding it and let off throttle, it stays at a higher idle than normal. After 10-20 seconds, it then settles down to normal idle. What would possibly cause this? Intake leak?
Thanks in advance
Mike

bike runs fine. Starts fine etc... Now, after I'm riding it and let off throttle, it stays at a higher idle than normal. After 10-20 seconds, it then settles down to normal idle. What would possibly cause this? Intake leak?
Thanks in advance
Mike

Anything new to report? Did you figure it out?

No. Unfortunately I have been a little busy and out of town. I ride a few times and still the same. After riding it, and I let off throttle, it stays at ahighnufke for a little while(30secs) or do and then comes down.

intake leak and or idle mix too lean.

the fact that it eventually settles down says its too lean, not an air leak. try lifting needle, if its the NT carb, cant do much else. never tried filing the base of the slide. that is an option but do read a few pages on carb tuning FIRST just so you understand what im talking about ;)

and, it could simply be a sticky slide/cable. slide should SNAP back down when throttle released.

i had a similar issue but it just kept idling really high. turned out to be a leaking exhaust, blown gasket. but my throttle stuck at first and it did something like that. i just put a few drops of gear oil into the carb, then screwed the throttle cable thing back in.

intake leak and or idle mix too lean.

the fact that it eventually settles down says its too lean, not an air leak. try lifting needle, if its the NT carb, cant do much else. never tried filing the base of the slide. that is an option but do read a few pages on carb tuning FIRST just so you understand what im talking about ;)

and, it could simply be a sticky slide/cable. slide should SNAP back down when throttle released.

I have the Dellorto clone so no needle adjustment. When you say idle to lean. do I just turn up the idle screw?
I can pull filter and take a look at slide to see if snaps back on release I guess.
Thanks

Mike

i had a similar issue but it just kept idling really high. turned out to be a leaking exhaust, blown gasket. but my throttle stuck at first and it did something like that. i just put a few drops of gear oil into the carb, then screwed the throttle cable thing back in.

Is there a way to tell a leak without just redoing it all. When I installed the pipe originally, I pretty much gooped high temp gasket maker all around the exhaust manifold/gasket.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back