High mileage?

T

Torques

Here is a little update for those of you interested in gas mileage. This bike's birthday is May 3, 2007. She has 1107 miles as of tonight. My mileage today was 207 mpg after a 26 mile ride. In the last week, the mileage has slowly changed from the 190's to in the 200's now with some tweaking and I believe with slight engine break-in.
92_CIMG3647_4.jpg

The engine location is one of the exciting parts of the ride. You can't lay it over too much in a right turn. That fact keeps me very alert. I did install homemade skid plates (2) underneath.

azkronic said:
Bikeguy Joe said:
Can't be that poor of a location with 1100 miles on it.
good point :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

122_Kronic_Signature_1.jpg

Give it time.
That gas tank is a target for sure, skid plate or not.
The bike does have nice lines w/o the engine top side but now I know why you were asking about air filter prep over at Staton forums.
That engine, according to David Staton is good for 12K~15k miles, with a clutch change at about 8k.

The first 8" off the ground is dirt ladden. Even the comps here are 20" off the floor and they stay very clean.

Pete, I guess for you the tank is half empty. 1100 miles in a month? I have 1100 miles between two bikes in two months and I thought I was doing good. I haven't knocked anything off yet either.......

Bikeguy Joe said:
Pete, I guess for you the tank is half empty. 1100 miles in a month? I have 1100 miles between two bikes in two months and I thought I was doing good. I haven't knocked anything off yet either.......

No not half empty. The beauty of form should always be in function. This layed back bike, as pretty as it really is, has function following form. I wish no harm to bike or owner. I would never do this type of install myself but then I think 96 spoked radial laced wheels are a sad joke.

Look at the protective plastic bit Buell uses to protect the belt drive from eating small stones. These can raise havoc with belts and plastic pullies. At times stones can get lodge in the pully and damage the belt long term as it goes round and round. By laying the engine down, the belt has been placed in harm's way also.

1633_motorcycle22_1.jpg

There are more examples of belt protection but this is all I found on a quick search.

Back