High Speed Miss

That's strange cos if I remember rightly you got your kit off the guy whose name we dare not mention. You lucked out twice HoughMade and Fetor lucked out in KMart when he bought the same drill as me but paid about 40% of the price I paid. I lucked out when I snaffled up Bicycle-Engines.Com's 1 piece cranks. But there were only 5 left. I don't know where I'll get them when these run out soon. I'm building my 3rd FG4 Billinudgel Bullet with the Honda engine. People seem to really like them but when I think how long it took me to get one I'm a tad jealous of building one for a person's first experience of motored biking. It's not fair that some people start at the top!

Sorry about this....this is my first.

I forgot that it was your first. You built it yourself from scratch though and I reckon it's the best looking 4-stroke frame mount I've yet seen.
I still think your air filter had a previous existence as a tin for something - maybe chewing tobacco or snuff I like to think!

Oh, I forgot to mention that- the tin was for a smelly candle (peach) from a $1 bin at Target (bought 3 to get it right....one left over to burn). I cut out the center of the lid and epoxied on the drain guard from a bathtub.

Oh, I forgot to mention that- the tin was for a smelly candle (peach) from a $1 bin at Target (bought 3 to get it right....one left over to burn). I cut out the center of the lid and epoxied on the drain guard from a bathtub.

Thanks for that answer HM. In your early pics the vented rear of the filter was concave and then it became convex. I'd love to see close ups of it especially the other side where you must have made a gasket for it. I had hoped that it might have had a more intesting provenance like a tin of Dr Pat's Snake Oil Pills promising the elixir of youth or your money back.
Now that you have a good camera maybe well get to see it in close up.
Also the speedo mileage must have been zeroed again cos later pics show less miles. The 4 screws that used to show on the speedo casing disappeared and it looks like you made a new flange to go around the glass.
That speedo is a very enviable accoutrement. Don't leave it unattended!

I zeroed the mileage when I painted it.

The flange was a Mason jar ring I stole from my wife's canning supplies.

More detail pics coming....at some point. Things very hectic around here.

Back