Engine Trouble High vibration and loss of speed

Shtick

Local time
2:39 AM
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site so please bare with me if this topic has been covered. I bought a motorized huffy cruiser (Chinese 49/80cc engine) to get to and from work due to receiving a DUI 3 months ago. Up until 2 days ago, it's been running just fine. Biggest problem was frequent flat tires up until this point. I'm getting a very high vibration and a major loss of speed. Any time I approach 20 MPH, the vibrations start and if I push it to 23/24 MPH, it will bog down for a second or two, accelerate, bog down, accelerate etc. I'm not an engine expert or novice by any means so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Might have loose motor mounts causing it to vibrate. Then the vibration will foam the fuel in the carburetor bowl. Check to see if anything came loose after every ride if you can.

Might have loose motor mounts causing it to vibrate. Then the vibration will foam the fuel in the carburetor bowl. Check to see if anything came loose after every ride if you can.
Motor mounts seem just fine. Tried to tighten them a little and each barely budged, if at all. Rode around the block, no improvement.

Might want to try to clean the carb, or at the very least pull the bowl off and make sure theres no crap in there. I had a similar issue when the main jet started backing out. When it finally fell out into the bowl you could only get the bike to run by holding the tickler valve and forcing it to overflow.

Took the carb apart wednesday night, may need to clean it a little more than I originally did. I'll check the frame when off work later today. Thanks for the feedback guys

How are you feeling the vibration? In your seat, the bars? What kind of vibration? Like a shake or a bounce?

Double check your motor mounts again and if the brackets are snug against the frame or crooked with spaces.

Back