Hit by a truck today!

It has been conclusively demonstrated that humans can only do one thing well at the time,at speed things can happen VERY quickly and you need to concentrate.I still remember a few years ago driving to Munich on the Autobahn at 155 km/hr (95 mph),and my wife said are you deaf or something?.She had been talking to me,but I hadn't heard a thing,it wasn't the road noise,but I was concentrating on piloting the vehicle !.About Rudolph Diesel,he was trying to get coal dust to ignite,without much success.Then he retired to some Spa to recuperate,in the mean time his assistent who had been unsuccessfully trying to talk stubborn Rudolph into trying something else,like lamp oil and had been chafing at the bit, saw his chance and gave that a try (they were using compressed air to inject the fuel) and it WORKED.Of course Rudolf got all the glory.BTW the discovery of insulin and of pennicilin are similar rather depressing stories of deserving contributors being short changed by their egotistical bosses.

Back