Hit by a truck today!

Tom

Local time
9:40 AM
I am going to class, some lifted truck blows past me then makes a sudden turn into a driveway on the right. I slammed on my breaks but it was too late. I dropped my bike right in front of the driveway, and since the truck took the turn too sharp, the back wheel went over my front wheel, and bent the rim.

Of course it was some dumb lady on her cell phone :censored:

She agreed to reimburse me for the new wheel. I got her cell, license plate # and her insurance information. Didn't file a police report as I figured its not worth it with only a slightly bent rim. The bike is still ridable but the front break isn't fantastic...

They should throw you in jail for driving while talking on your cell phone... And then beat you senseless... And then take away your cell phone rights forever.

The important thing is you were not hurt. Maybe it was the vibrating alert that distracted her? lol

I would have !@&^%$*($##@$ and @#%*(&^%$#@!)*& followed by $%^$#@&*^%$ and finish off with @#$*&^$@%$! but that's just me.
...so how much is one of them 12 guage spoke jobbers with teh drum brake?

its not a good idea to provoke bad drivers. i sometimes yell and lecture but i dont pick fights LP. be careful!

Good your ok Tom. Heck with some people, cell phones should be illegal to walk with them on. I can't count the almost accidents involving cell phones that I personally have seen and I know a lot of you have too. Gets scary! I'm moving back to the uppa US with Van. At least bears dont usem!

I honk at people talking on the phone while driving. 99% of them don't use turn signals.
Most of the time the honking doesn't even phase them.
So...that's all I have to say about this....

Oh and I don't pick fights,Twink. When they do hear me honking and they roll down their windows I say "Can you please hang up your phone?"

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a surprise...i always thought in America it was illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving.It is illegal in Oz unless your using an approved hands-free kit and the penalties for not obeying this law have just increased 3 fold.
The main thing is no-one was hurt and we've all learnt from it....don't trust anyone,don't even trust yourself half the time.
Gotta agree with what's been said before though "time for a free upgrade" ;)

Back