• Gasbike black stallion 80cc kit

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Gasbike/Zoombicycles Jet 80cc Kit

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

RalliartRsX

Local time
7:29 AM
Well, just for a quick introduction, I am a little 'new' here in the sense that I dont post much, but have been a lurker for quiet some time now. I am about to embark on an entirely new build and figured i will be starting from scratch with a simple 80cc setup with a SBP expansion pipe and that its. I just want a proper rider for fun (it wont be daily, just for fun rides around the neighborhood, to the store, etc).

So with all that being said, I have narrowed my options down to several and I figured I wll post on here to see what help I can receive before I take the dive (it will be sometime between thursday-friday of next week).

I am building from scratch (as in, everything is currently off the frame and then the frame is going to be prepped and painted and hopefully be ready in by the time the kit arrives to install and go.)

Here are the list of options:

1) bikeberry 80cc black kit

2) bikeberry/grubbee/skyhawk 80cc gt5 kit

3) Gasbike black stallion 80cc kit

4) Gasbike/Zoombicycles Jet 80cc Kit

Let me know me know the positives and negatives (or opinions) you have on each (inclusive of experience if applicable). Or even an overall assessment of the kits thru links, experience, heard, etc.

Oh and here is my original bike for a quick reference
DSCF1618.jpg

Last edited:
sorry this is a little off topic but how did you come up with RalliartRsX as a screen name?

Well, I am big car guy actually and the name came from a special edition package provided for the lancer evolution that could be fitted to the evo 4-6. The package was provided by the Mitsu factory tuning sector Ralliart, the the package was dupped Ralliart RsX450.

The package included forged internals, remapping, new turbo and a few other bits which made the vehicle capable of circa 450bhp. Thats the reasoning behind the name

None of the Above!

Take a look at USABikeMotors http://www.usabikemotors.com/index....s_id=1&zenid=d8b58926d5e8273de8888e84169dfe8a

I say this one cause the carb is directly connected to the cylinder head, It is going to be a tight fit to start with this may help. It is only a 50cc, though

I actually considered that kit (its actually another of my current open windows on my browser funnily enough) but quiet frankly, I already decided on a 80cc (66cc) kit just because I want a bigger motor (and the current motor is a 66cc and I really do not want to go back).

If that motor/kit is as capable as a 66cc variant as far as potential and static power figures is concerned, I will consider it. If not, I might have to pass.

Now, my questions are

1) What is the added benefit of the carb being directly connected to the head other than space limitations?

2) Why would the others be a tight fit considering the fact that the frame already has a 80cc kit mounted?? I already checked dimensions and most kits will fit (unless there is something you see otherwise)

Thanks

I knew I should have asked, I assumed a new build new bike and thought you were going with the blue one.

Without the intake manifold the carb sits closer to the motor. That carb also has a shutoff valve on it.

Basically I am looking for a simple 80cc kit to get up and running and then when thats up and running reliably, then my extreme bike build will follow suit in due time.

I just wanted to do a quick, detailed, simple build for now hence why I was looking at relatively inexpensive kits

I just wanted some opinions on kits

Thanks much

Well, I have not recieved my kit yet (should arrive Tuesday) I went with http://www.gasbike.net/bicycle-motor-engine-kit-gas-bike-black-stallion-80cc.html It looked like a good price, good warranty and should work out fine for me. I'm upgrading from a 36cc trailer I put together a couple weeks ago and while it actually performs pretty well, I got hungry for a bit more. My trailer will go 19 MPH on the flats and pull a small hill. I'm not looking to go much over 25, I just wanted the package on the bike, I'll see how that goes for now. If it goes fast, I'll opt for a larger rear sproket and get more take off torque insted.

Back