Hola from sunny central florida!

S

SpeedyG

Hey yall, I'm a newb to the forum but I've been riding my Giant Sedona equipped with a GEBE 25cc motor since late 2005. This forum is awesome, great info!

Welcome Speedyi !

Not many of us here (yet) ! Glad to have ya aboard, come on down to Rack Em Up and start a 25 cc thread, if you would.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=822

Tell us about climbing those Central Florida mountain peaks ! I was over in the Fernandina/Amelia Island area, January 2006. I heard rumors of snow, so I avoided those Orlando Highlands....

21_bikefla_030_1.jpg

Hey Bama, wish I had found this a couple months ago before you headed to Mobile. I lived in Fairhope for 8 years; coulda put in a good word for you at Lulu's. Next time for sure!

I was ALL over LuLu's, but it was 8:30 a.m. and they didn't open til 10.

I had all my Jimmy Buffet stories (3) from the seventies ready, but couldn't even get them to open the gift shop and sell me a key chain....

21_collage1_7.jpg

Why I was at that spot was supposedly to meet Fr. Gerard Regan, S.J., who ran a non-profit doing dolphin rescues and autopsies of beachings.

They were supposed to debark at 9 a.m., and I hoped to steer the air boat. I probably was mistaken on the location of the pier, cuz I sure wasn't late.

I found the "other" airboat at the headquarters 10 miles from the water....

21_2007_0130mobile0109_1.jpg

I'll probably go back to Mobile again this year, it is easy riding, great people, a lot of stuff I didn't get to see. I will definitely NOT miss the ferry by minutes, have to spend dead time on Dauphin Island.

21_collage2_5.jpg

But I had met a contingent of "free thinkers" from Fairhope, and I think the Quakers from QUEST were also from there.

Again, welcome to MB.com

Hey Speedy,

Maybe you could go down to the Traveling section, read Augies tutorial on posting a Mapquest Map, so I can come in below and give my Florida story, which coincides/segways with THE BIGGEST FIRE IN GEORGIA HISTORY down at Waycross/the Okefenokee Swamp.

Missed all my Colorado stories which fit into the record snowfalls, and I constantly see places I passed on the news.

Well, I could but unfortunately the iteration of the map required to show both your route and where I live is pretty much the entire Southeast. Jaxville is 5 hours away by car from me. On the other hand, you can see my planned routes for future tours that way...

Back