Holy Crap - Simple Spark Plug Change made my new bike kit insane!

hey i understand .025-.028 is a good place to start
If you have some super duper coil that we don't know about the gap could be bigger. A stock coil will only generate enough energy to jump a .025 gap consistently. Wider gaps weaken the spark and lowers performance. The factories put a white wire on the coil for a light/s, but there is only enough energy there to run the ignition, remove the white wire.

If you have some super duper coil that we don't know about the gap could be bigger. A stock coil will only generate enough energy to jump a .025 gap consistently. Wider gaps weaken the spark and lowers performance. The factories put a white wire on the coil for a light/s, but there is only enough energy there to run the ignition, remove the white wire.
i get consistent spark on stock cdi with the e3.10 at about .034 gap :rolleyes: shorter gap spark plugs have less surface area which ignites less fuel in the cylinder which lowers combustion, performance and efficiency. There is a balance between a lot of different factors, quality of cdi, ratio of compression, type of fuel etc. give or take. it's only easier and less time consuming to repeat the .025 thing everyones already said

i get consistent spark on stock cdi with the e3.10 at about .034 gap :rolleyes: shorter gap spark plugs have less surface area which ignites less fuel in the cylinder which lowers combustion, performance and efficiency. There is a balance between a lot of different factors, quality of cdi, ratio of compression, type of fuel etc. give or take. it's only easier and less time consuming to repeat the .025 thing everyones already said
I can see you don't have a grasp on how this all works. I really recommend doing some research and lots of reading until you can handle the truth. Please do so before you ruin your engine or get your self hurt. We care about our members here and try our best to take stupid crap out of your heads and fill it with proper information. We have tried multiple time, but we don't seem to be getting through to you with known facts. So my only recourse from here is that you study and come back when you can grasp the concepts of these bikes. We can then help you at that point.

I can see you don't have a grasp on how this all works. I really recommend doing some research and lots of reading until you can handle the truth. Please do before you ruin your engine or get your self hurt. We care about our members here and try our best to take stupid crap out of your heads and fill it with proper information. We have tried multiple time, but we don't seem to be getting through to you with known facts. So my only recourse from here is that you study and come back when you can grasp the concepts of these bikes. We can then help you at that point.
You can see that I understand this better than you. I recommend doing some research into different sized gaps for different set ups, then report back to me with results, a wider gap creates more spark ignites more fuel in the chamber and increases power, given the draw back of having a more inconsistent spark with the wider plugs. the plug gap is directly proportional to the type of set up you're running. more experienced tuners (mechanic for over 20 years, longer than some of you have been around) know that a wider opening gap presents a larger spark to the air/fuel mixture maximizes burn efficiency and power as long as you have a consistent spark the wider the better

Which is a much more hands on way of explaining it than a really generic .025, .034 seems to run best on my setups for more top end efficiency

more experienced tuners (mechanic for over 20 years, longer than some of you have been around) know that a wider opening gap presents a larger spark to the air/fuel mixture maximizes burn efficiency and power as long as you have a consistent spark the wider the better
You are wrong on this one regarding these China Girls...I also have been an ASE certified master tech for over 21 years before my retirement 11 years ago...These cheap chinese CDIs do not work that way, nor do they have the powerful spark capacity that car and truck H.E.I. ignition systems have.

They are far from powerful enough with these cheap Chinese magneto's powering them to jump to the wide gaps with any consistency or longevity for extra performance that you are under the false illusion of them being able to do...These CDIs are NOT H.E.I ignition systems as found on modern day motor vehicles.

These China Girls are a whole different animal than what you are used to dealing with...By the way...I have been around now for 67 years...We have guys here that have been doing this stuff on just these 2 stroke China Girls for almost 30 and 40 years now...You have much to learn of the idiosyncrasies of these little 2 stroke bike motor beasties.

After a dissertation like yours that you just posted in post #26, It will be very unlikely that any of the longstanding members of this forum with many years of experience with these motors, will ever want to be helpful with any further advice to you...Any further dissertation of this subject is useless to pursue with you any longer...Just saying...This is not rocket science here...DAMIEN

You can see that I understand this better than you. I recommend doing some research into different sized gaps for different set ups, then report back to me with results, a wider gap creates more spark ignites more fuel in the chamber and increases power, given the draw back of having a more inconsistent spark with the wider plugs. the plug gap is directly proportional to the type of set up you're running. more experienced tuners (mechanic for over 20 years, longer than some of you have been around) know that a wider opening gap presents a larger spark to the air/fuel mixture maximizes burn efficiency and power as long as you have a consistent spark the wider the better
You keep believing you got this, son. An when you finally do get it, we will still be here. I must be a retard knowing that I've been doing this for 30 years and everything worked out right. I must just be the luckiest guy alive, if everything I know is wrong, but everything always works correctly. God loves me so much he sends an angel down to redo all my work for me. Because you know, that's how God works. I was trying to be nice about your obliviousness to your ignorance (and since we have a lot of "snowflakes" here, please look up the definition, it does not mean I am calling you stupid). If you really would like me to get froggy and be a jerk, I could put my heart into that, you may cry though. I'm really really good at being mean, I just prefer to be nice unless I have to let the monster loose. So please go educate yourself, because us trying is like trying to paint a mural on the air. It's just not sticking.

Back