Holy Crap - Simple Spark Plug Change made my new bike kit insane!

Acefire

Local time
2:18 PM
So, I literally just had a OMG yes moment with my newly built 80cc bike kit. So happy I just created an account to share my elation!

Been googling looking at mods, builds, etc.... past week or so since I got into this and I was seeing this forum pop up for nearly all searches.

A lot of the general consensus regarding spark plugs is "throw the crap away that came with the kit and put something better in." I was skeptical - thinking "hey I want a new exhaust/head/carb/jet for PERRRFORMANCE RAH!!"

Well on a whim I just grabbed a e3.10 spark plug and threw it in there and HOLY MOTHER OF GAWD!?! It is like a completely different bike now. I cannot believe the $2.48 did this much for my bike, and that they would ship these kits with the most gimped plugs in the world.

If anyone is looking for something cheap to do to get some more performance do not overlook the easiest of all - that crappy spark plug!

Seriously just made my day. I love this thing. It feels like it is 1/10th the starting effort and has so much more response, power, no bogging. I can't believe it. Plus its a little tiny plug, so it gave me the clearance I need to make the plug easily accessible.

TLDR:

Take 5 minutes and put a better spark plug in. You'll thank yourself later!

now I've got to think about gapping for my high compression aftermarket cylinder head :unsure:

So, I literally just had a OMG yes moment with my newly built 80cc bike kit. So happy I just created an account to share my elation!

Been googling looking at mods, builds, etc.... past week or so since I got into this and I was seeing this forum pop up for nearly all searches.

A lot of the general consensus regarding spark plugs is "throw the crap away that came with the kit and put something better in." I was skeptical - thinking "hey I want a new exhaust/head/carb/jet for PERRRFORMANCE RAH!!"

Well on a whim I just grabbed a e3.10 spark plug and threw it in there and HOLY MOTHER OF GAWD!?! It is like a completely different bike now. I cannot believe the $2.48 did this much for my bike, and that they would ship these kits with the most gimped plugs in the world.

If anyone is looking for something cheap to do to get some more performance do not overlook the easiest of all - that crappy spark plug!

Seriously just made my day. I love this thing. It feels like it is 1/10th the starting effort and has so much more response, power, no bogging. I can't believe it. Plus its a little tiny plug, so it gave me the clearance I need to make the plug easily accessible.

TLDR:

Take 5 minutes and put a better spark plug in. You'll thank yourself later!

Thanks for the reminder most know the China Spark Plugs are junk and switch to NGK or a quality brand of S/P

You gap the plug for how much zap your coil puts out, not the compression of the head. .025-.028 for most.
oh i thought under high compression heads in rich fuel you needed an especiallty shorter gap to prevent the spark from inconsistently sparking across electrodes

Nope...just keep gap between .025 to .028 is all that is needed...DAMIEN
does a wider spark plug gap create more spark, burn more fuel and ultimately more power?, do you want it as wide as you can make it without it shorting out or hitting the piston? also i heard .034-.038?

Nope...Refer to my last post that you just read and pasted on your reply here...Wide gap will not be of any help and possibly result in worse performance as well.

Back