Holy crap .-.

CrazyDan

Local time
5:03 AM
Crazy day today... customer came in the pet shop to buy a frozen mouse. He was riding a crotch rocket with all kinds of sick airbrushing in it. He left fast as s**t and made it maybe 300 feet going around 50 mph and a car turned left in front of him going the opposite way. His bike exploded into a million parts, shoved the car sideways a few feet and he flew doing multiple flips around 15 feet up and 50 feet further down the road. I was hoping he would get up, but it was bad.
I ran down the street and there was already a little blood creek going down the gutter when I got there. I found where the blood was coming from, a huge tear in his right triceps got an artery and it was squirting hard. The crash snapped his leather belt, so it made it much easier. I wrapped that around his arm above the wound (wasn't the only wound, but was the only immediately life threatening one so his road rash could suck it) and yanked both ends with all my strength till the paramedics arrived. He was out cold the whole time snoring hard.
The cops arrived a little after 2 minutes and the ambulance was there in about 3 and a half minutes. They attended to cutting off his backpack and chest protector and left me with the leather belt tourniquet as they ran back to get a better one. Finally I could sit down, holy crap crashing from an adrenaline rush is so real. Thank God I'm trained in first aid, It takes roughly 2 minutes to bleed out completely from a torn artery. He's at the hospital and is doing good.

I think everyone on earth should take at least one first aid class in their life. It was obvious from the crowd that had gathered around me that nobody knew first aid. People were telling me to not move him, damn backseat drivers, bleeding out takes importance over potentially making anything else worse, whats the point of saving his back if he's dead in a minute if I don't move him slightly to put on a tourniquet???? Then others were there cheerleading "yeah just keep pressure", "keep up whatever it is you are doing" etc. He really would have died if I didn't arrive, and they might have only recorded his death on their phones... I was in tears begging God to stop the bleeding and hoping the ambulance arrived soon.

Maybe, probably you saved his life. Not a bad say's work Dan. Your a HERO! Score one for the good guys also. Just think of his kids, parents, wife and family. They all have you to thank. Well done my friend.

Happened a little over 5 hours ago, still so shook up. Has me a little scared to ride my bike on the streets now. I can go as fast as he was going, and often do. I saw the blood creek and thought it was a body I was running up on till I heard him snoring. As long as I heard snores he was still alive. It was pretty bad...

Happened a little over 5 hours ago, still so shook up. Has me a little scared to ride my bike on the streets now. I can go as fast as he was going, and often do. I saw the blood creek and thought it was a body I was running up on till I heard him snoring. As long as I heard snores he was still alive. It was pretty bad...
Good job brother!

In the end, it's not the speed that kills ya, but the sudden stop. In 2009 I was involved in a nasty accident where I had just crossed over to the LHS of the road and someone pulled out in front of me looking left. Ofc that means that person didn't see me and I put my handlebars, brake levers, and fists through both doors of a Toyota Rav4 and bounced my face off the B-pillar. I caused $4500 damage and $140K to my face, died for 45 seconds on the operating table, and was going about 18-20MPH. It was a freak blind spot and very untimely to say the least.

Ofc I went back to riding bikes, but I am def more cautious after. I had already knocked the need for speed out of me in the 1990's running sub-13's in aircooled Bugs

I think everyone on earth should take at least one first aid class in their life. It was obvious from the crowd that had gathered around me that nobody knew first aid. People were telling me to not move him, damn backseat drivers, bleeding out takes importance over potentially making anything else worse, whats the point of saving his back if he's dead in a minute if I don't move him slightly to put on a tourniquet???? Then others were there cheerleading "yeah just keep pressure", "keep up whatever it is you are doing" etc. He really would have died if I didn't arrive, and they might have only recorded his death on their phones... I was in tears begging God to stop the bleeding and hoping the ambulance arrived soon.
The only lessons I recall were in the Army in 72. Your quick actions and decisions changed the world for him and his family. A life time in 3.5 mins.. Not bad.

Back