HOLY ****!! Gas is every where! SOS!!

lucky13

Local time
11:05 PM
I just put gas in the tank for the first time. It seemed like there was to much pressure?

Gas was coming out of the gas line, and air filter?

I turned both of the gas valves off, and no more leak.

What do I do now?

Please someone help. Im to close to riding for this to happen!

Well, if fuel is actually leaking out of your fuel lines, then you need to look for splits or bad seals at the nipples.

Fuel out of the air filter would suggest that maybe your carburetor float is stuck in the down position.

yes, definitley sounds like the float is stuck down, which will not let the needle & seat close, causing the gas to just keep trying to fill the bowl.
sometimes you can tap lightly on the float bowl to get the float to move or become un-stuck.
sometimes you have to take the carb. off, remove the float bowl, and check to make sure that the float isn't in there crooked, or hanging up on something.
if you have never had one of these carbs off (assuming that you have a chinese 2 stroke) the float is nothing more than a round plastic disk that just kind of "floats" in the bowl. it's not attached to the needle & seat like the floats on most carbs.
chances are your float is just stuck down or is in the bowl a little crooked.
or, with the way things have been going for you with this thing...maybe they forgot to put the float in the carb. ?

Demo photo.

Attachments

• float adj_pin.jpg
    float adj_pin.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 205
Yeh, I've had the same problem.. it's a 10 min fix. The pic that graucho posted should get you going again. The small brass fork(prongs) wrap around a pin. Sometimes the tabs that go around the pin are tight and squeezing the pin.. loosen them up. and the whole lever action of the fork(prongs) will be smoother.

thanks to every one who replied.

it stopped leaking... on its own.. haha..

i think i might have primed it a little to much.

havent had the problem since.

its the little things that will kill us.

Back