Home Depot Lights

Where did you get them?

It will cost more when you get to batteries big enough to power those lights. Not mention the extra weight.

I got 2 of these 9 LED light for $7 a piece. Very bright with only two. You can mount them high on the handlebars or under-slung. The only thing I did to them was to internally silicon seal the LED reflector and the cap opposite where the batteries go in. It did not seem like they needed it but i did it anyway. The switch is a simple rubber sealed push button on top. The light detaches from it's mount. It had a nice positive lock action but a tiny bit of looseness so I epoxied it. Each light 3AA batteries ; $1 for 6 at the dollar store.

They have a blinking mode so I got 2 more (came today) which I will make amber with some yellow film and mount on the bar ends as directionals.

Michael

Hey Michael,

Where did you get the lights?

Thanks.

Paul

QUOTE=crabdance;127140]Hi jared, Good luck with the lights. I think they are neat. I don't know if it's right for you but I'm going to use a 12v 7ah sla rechargeable battery. That will give me longer runtime on the lights than plain batteries will (I think)... There is a little added weight but I think it's worth it. As far as where the battery go, I don't know about mine yet. will have to wait until I get the battery (it's still in shipping) to know what's the best place. I would think a rear rack mount would be fine. That would be a nice place to put your batteries.

Let me know how it turns out. I would really like to see what you get going![/QUOTE]

I built a duil halagen light set up with a 35 watt and 55 watt bulbs,I dont think you have enough battery to get much run tome

Beat's the heck out of my Bell Walmart bike light !!!
It's Like a toy kids flashlight..

switch recommended -- great idea

That sounds great but I don't know how to put a switch like that in. I guess it would not be too hard but I'm just so un-mechanical (and electrical) that I really don't don't know that much about it. Can you give me a few pointers about doing it? That was going to be the hardest part for me was putting in a switch. There's instructions for everything else.

Never mind... there will probably be instructions with the switch that I buy. Sorry, but I have to ask for help for everything, duh.

I will put me a switch on there. That's the way it should be and I will let you know how it turns out.

that switch recommended so as to either have one or two on
is a great idea
your local auto parts store can set you right up
just take your light parts down to the auto parts store
tell them what you would like to do -- and you will have fine lights to

ride that thing

Back