Home made 2 stroke?

Local time
4:50 PM
Good morning,

I have the need to want to build my own 2 stroke motor for a custom project based of the idea of what China has built.

I'm thinking on investing in a press, and buying a solid block of aluminum to cut in half as well a couple of bores.

This build excluding the block will be built from scrap or dead moped parts.

As seen in our motorized bicycle basic China blocks, we have transfer ports but in some older moped they do not have transfer ports at all.

If anyone has any idea of a few mopeds such as certain Vespasian scooters from the earlier years that don't use transfers please fill me in on all models that don't use traditional transfer ports.

This will comply with 50cc standards but have no Reed halves and an oversized piston.

If there's one thing I know for sure is that actually going ahead and fabricating any type of internal combustion engine requires about as much dedication as a person possibly can give, I wish you the best of luck with this.

If there's one thing I know for sure is that actually going ahead and fabricating any type of internal combustion engine requires about as much dedication as a person possibly can give, I wish you the best of luck with this.

Ehh I got enough dedication to it the most part is chopping the solid blocks. After that it's pretty much clearances.

Too much run out = vibrations...

Has enough clearance to put a decent sized crank in it, the bottom end is as about as close to a 3/4 for the need of low end torque.

Briggs parts are pretty well balanced.

The major factor I am concerned about is the stroke ccs rather have a big bottom end to yank more out of its off the line power could also chop off a already made older engine and make a top end.

Just wish to create something new vs the bs we get fed online if China can do it we can do it.

The

Last edited:
Good morning,

I have the need to want to build my own 2 stroke motor for a custom project based of the idea of what China has built.

I'm thinking on investing in a press, and buying a solid block of aluminum to cut in half as well a couple of bores.

This build excluding the block will be built from scrap or dead moped parts.

As seen in our motorized bicycle basic China blocks, we have transfer ports but in some older moped they do not have transfer ports at all.

If anyone has any idea of a few mopeds such as certain Vespasian scooters from the earlier years that don't use transfers please fill me in on all models that don't use traditional transfer ports.

This will comply with 50cc standards but have no Reed halves and an oversized piston.

Good luck with that.

Good luck with that.
You guys must not build scratch much I assume....

I have need to build excessively, let's just say I have a lot of financial cut backs thanks to our lovely government which reflected my work hours in turn so now I get bored a bit quicker in life due to lack of constructive direction.

Going from 9-6 from 9-4 brought my stress up so I need as much as budget building as possible

Hell if I could I'd build a steam engine.

You guys must not build scratch much I assume....

I have need to build excessively, let's just say I have a lot of financial cut backs thanks to our lovely government which reflected my work hours in turn so now I get bored a bit quicker in life due to lack of constructive direction.

Going from 9-6 from 9-4 brought my stress up so I need as much as budget building as possible

Hell if I could I'd build a steam engine.
Hahahahaaahaa to that first line.

Good luck with that.
Do you even scrap bro?
IMG_0413.JPG

you wouldn't be the first person to build your own 2 stroke (about 137 years too late for that title) but if you were to succeed you'd be the first to do so after questioning yourself before even starting

you wouldn't be the first person to build your own 2 stroke (about 137 years too late for that title) but if you were to succeed you'd be the first to do so after questioning yourself before even starting

Lol well I'm working on something frame wise right now building a 3 wheeler dual suspension front end.

Back