home made flywheell magnet motorized bike engine kit

M

Motorized_bike

good morning guys, this is the first time i use this forum. i want to show you my home made flywheel because the orginal one it's broken. the problem is that there is no spark at all! i measured the voltage of the blue and the black wires (4/8 volts with no load while i'm pushing my bike). i want to know if this voltage it's enough to trigger the stock CDI.

ok, thanks, so if i see 4/8 volts on the black and blue wires it's non enough to trigger the cdi. it's correct?

so wheres this flywheel so we can laugh at it?

did you give it nice magnets? get north and south the right way round? time it properly with the crank?

sounds like a big N O on all counts...

4/8 volts. whats that mean? 1/2 a volt?

you need more like 50...

this is the flywheel. obviously I respected the polarity of the magletes; one north and one south. in fact, by rotating, it produces current but not enough I believe! in fact I bought a new magnet and the latter turns out to be much more powerful than my self-built. however, as can be seen, I have also correctly observed the alignment on the motor shaft.

Attachments

• IMG_20180609_122757.jpg
    IMG_20180609_122757.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20180609_122907.jpg
    IMG_20180609_122907.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 136
ahhhh... not bad actually, but um...whats holding those magnets in place? glue isnt going to be enough, you will quickly have a lump of magnet embedded in your eye or leg if it does run. doesnt sound pleasant.

anyway, i can see two issues. the face of the magnet has to be just as wide as the stock magnet, that edge passing the stator determines exactly where the pulse does occur. having the key alone in the right place isnt enough. it has to be in a certain spot in regards to the leading edge of the magnet.

also, way too much clearance between stator and magnet. i know the HT is fairly sloppy, and theres no adjustment possible, but normally on adjustable stators you get that distance to about the thickness of a piece of paper. the closer, the better.

neo magnets seem like the way to go but you would need a lathe and mill to do it properly...carve out pockets for the magnets to sit in so theres a decent bit of meat holding them in place. have a look at how they are held in a chainsaw or brushcutter type engine..

they look like standard fridge magnets...not strong at all. you would find stronger magnets in a CD player.

and then theres the issue of magnetic fields in the steel backing piece itself... rather than create a field extending out into space, or one big long bar magnet, you have shorted it out between the magnets. ie, theres a lump of steel producing a continuous circuit from the end of one magnet straight back to itself. what little field you are creating is being wasted. the majority of it runs through the steel.

youve got me tempted to have a go at making one myself now...

yes, i know this problems. during this days i bought a new magnet and now the motorized bike are working well. i think si a bit difficult doing a own magnet. anyway, plase let me know about your progect soon.. i'm very interesting about it!

Back