Homelite and other weedwacker powered bikes.

S

Sianelle

I'm feeling horribly Googled out :???: First of all I did a search on this forum for weedwacker powered bikes and only found posts with odd coments like 'I used to have one of these....', but with not so much as a sign of a nice clear supporting photo (sigh).
So I Googled using every key word and phrase combo I could think of and didn't do much better. I did find one picture on a site that was sooooooo tiny it could have been a thumbnail for a thumbnail. Please please please website authoring people will you use a decent sized hi-resolution photo if you're going to have pictures on any kind of technical site........ Aaaaaarrrgh!

Finally I did what I should've done to start with and did a patent search on Google Patents...... AND I found what I was looking for to help me out with fitting up a Homelite engine into a Raleigh 20.

Patent No: 3342281 BICYCLE CONVERTIBLE INTO A MOTORIZED BICYCLE.

http://www.google.com/patents?id=iYthAAAAEBAJ&dq=motorized+bicycle

I love Google Patent Search and I've spent many a happy hour looking over bicycle related patents for devices ranging from the stunningly strange to the wonderfully clever.

By the way does anybody actually have any nice clear photos of a weedwacker powered bicycle that they may have built at some stage? :)

Back