Homemade Muffler Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna take out the packing in the funnels so its not restrictive, but from what I remember before, its still pretty quiet.

Yesterday, I took a nice test ride, I was a few miles from home and finally hit this bump I was paranoid for months about because its huge and you can't see it till its too late lol. My muffler flew off :LOL: Nothing was damaged. But the zip tie got lost and I had to carry that damn thing home with my index finger and thumb on the throttle. It looked like I was carrying a bomb, ready to toss it in a passing car's window :LOL:

💣 Yes i can see law enforcement surrounding you. So you’re lucky that didn’t happened, now me I’d be lock up were I couldn’t even scratch my ass. Lol

Last edited:
I used 91% tin 9% zinc solder to bond the baffles to the perforated pipes in my muffler because the muffler cement doesn't last. I saw no other way to bond aluminum to stainless steel. I wasn't thinking, that solder bond will probably melt from the exhaust cuz the solder has a low melting point of 500⁰ 😑. Is it actually gonna melt or is it ok?
Muffler is far back on my bike. And if you guys remember the exhaust gases get separated into 4 pipes and it creates little to no backpressure.

Last edited:
I'm sure it will last at least a little while. If you want it to last longer maybe go richer one jet to run cooler exhaust gas temp. Do you have a temp gun? Priceless research and tuning and where I use it the most is cooking lol. Cheap and effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back