Exhaust Homemade Muffler

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
2:06 AM
Here is my blueprint for my homemade muffler, I have an MZ pipe and my mom said If i don't make the bike quiet enough so she doesnt hear it from her room I cant ride, My work is done. First snow hit in Michigan this morning too, I don't have a choke but it took 24 seconds (timed it) to start while 31 degrees out. Dang.

I'm not the best artist, but that is the MZ pipe, with the red being my old handlebar grip with the bottom blown out, the grey is paper towel insulation ( i shreeded the paper towels) then there is a piece of metal pipe that the paper towels is insulating, and inside of those metal pipes there are little inserts (the lines) which is just metal i cut with a hacksaw that has a hole pretty decently sized but not big. Like, as big as the tip of your pinky finger. To top it all off i shoved the old muffler cap on the end, just the straight pipe cap not the whole muffler part (I threw it out) and now my bike is quiter than a car with almost the same power. Can't wait to jet my carb cause I hate four stroking. Ill upload a video and pictures when I can use my phone, but im in class right now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-02 9.29.05 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-02 9.29.05 AM.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 154
Here you go Crispy, if you got a junk yard around, go cut off one
20211102_091625.jpg
20211102_091608.jpg
these mufflers off of a lawn mower, then while you are there, cut you 4" of 3/4" heater hose & take the 2 of the spring clamps off of the heater hose to use as well. Easy as hell, & most of the time they'll give it to you if you explain to them what you are doing with it.

Lol I agree with loud pipe saves lives, but his mom is going to take his bike away if he dont make it quieter. Only reason I'm running 1 is neighbors has young toddlers & asked me if i could make it quieter cause it was waking there kids during there nap time.

Yeah I use stainless steel wool in my muffler builds, it must be something about 2 strokes people complain about. My neighbor has never complained about this 4stroke bike of mine & it's running a all stainless steel straight pipe I built.

Here you go Crispy, if you got a junk yard around, go cut off oneView attachment 160367View attachment 160368 these mufflers off of a lawn mower, then while you are there, cut you 4" of 3/4" heater hose & take the 2 of the spring clamps off of the heater hose to use as well. Easy as hell, & most of the time they'll give it to you if you explain to them what you are doing with it.
i dont think i do, how would i find a junkyard

Back