Exhaust Homemade Muffler

why cant i use paper towel
Book type paper becomes combustable at 451F degrees...Paper towel is much more "fluffy".

Two movies come to mind..."farenheit 451"...all about book burning.

The second movie, "Dirty Harry" where Clint Eastwood says, something to the effect, 'How lucky are you feeling today sucker' as he is aiming a .44 Magnum handgun at his arrest subject...lol...as I would want to ask myself about an exhaust pipe filled with fluffy paper toweling, or even if its on the outside...lol...A little dripped on fuel, a little spark, static or otherwise etc...lol...DAMIEN

I've had dust inside a vacuum cleaner start to smolder after sucking up a bit of oily sawdust. It's just not worth the risk of using a potentially flammable material.

Exactly what Cisco said which was the first thing I said (pretty sure the first reply you got as well)

Hot exhaust gasses + hot premix blown out the pipe + paper = fire. It's absolutely not a question of if but a definite matter of when.

I sent a car to the junkyard because of a spontaneous engine fire. Granted it was a POS and that was a known issue on the 2005 Impala... the valve cover gasket leaked oil into the spark plug well, moving down the road kept it just cool enough, parked for less than 5 minutes and the engine bay was hot enough to spontaneously ignite that puddle of oil. Considering the intake, valve covers and a bunch of other crap on top of the engine was just plastic

GAME OVER
okay ill change it when i get home

Back