Homemade ram air intake=WOWPOWER!

Street Ryderz:
Thanks for your description of how a 2- stroke's intake works. It was really helpful for me. - I hadn't really spent much time thinking about it before. Now what I'm thinking is that lengthening the distance between the carb intake and the air filter should help - is that correct? - - Nola's picture indicates no air cleaner was used, so naturally some benefit would be realized.

Street Ryderz:
Thanks for your description of how a 2- stroke's intake works. It was really helpful for me. - I hadn't really spent much time thinking about it before. Now what I'm thinking is that lengthening the distance between the carb intake and the air filter should help - is that correct? - - Nola's picture indicates no air cleaner was used, so naturally some benefit would be realized.
That's true to a point and takes some trial and error testing to find what length matches the flow rate best,added length in the intake up to 7.5 " from piston face to the carb's slide also aids in bottom end throttle responce but takes away from the top,so again trial and error to find the best suited length is required.

I use an off-set carb intake and a flex-hose with the filter on the end. But my carb is nothing too special. Would you suggest loosing the ram air and buying a high end carb? I'm only doing this set-up bc it's free. If so, what carb would you suggest?
IMG_0900.JPG

I use an off-set carb intake and a flex-hose with the filter on the end. But my carb is nothing too special. Would you suggest loosing the ram air and buying a high end carb? I'm only doing this set-up bc it's free. If so, what carb would you suggest?View attachment 84130
Unless your going to port it to flow more that cns carb is fine,and if it's working well for you then just use it until you need more volume.

Back