Honda 50cc NEED HELP!

waxsurfer15

Local time
10:06 AM
Have a Honda 50cc and is getting no spark. When I put my finger against the wire and a ground I get shocked. If I take the spark plug out and hook it up and put it against a ground, then no spark? I don' t understand. I bought a new plug and is doing the same thing. Can I not have enough voltage to get a spark?

Is your engine wired for a kill switch (mine was, but not installed)? Do you have the low oil sensor? Is the plug gapped correctly (not likely to be the problem)? Are you doing this in direct sunlight?

My take is that if you get shocked by the plug wire, there should be enough juice to make a spark.

hey 15 - glad that you had an easy fix there. Is that the old hard to kill Honda 50cc with a three speed transmission ? If it is - or - anything close - had one years ago - WHAT A FINE ENGINE !! Mine ran forever and when I sold it - I made money !! Happy Riding from - Mountainman

hey 15 - glad that you had an easy fix there. Is that the old hard to kill Honda 50cc with a three speed transmission ? If it is - or - anything close - had one years ago - WHAT A FINE ENGINE !! Mine ran forever and when I sold it - I made money !! Happy Riding from - Mountainman

I thought he was talking about the Honda GXH 50 which has no transmission except a horizontal shaft. The old 50cc Honda bike engine was a great goer but very heavy - too heavy for a pushbike I'd have thought.

I thought he was talking about the Honda GXH 50 which has no transmission except a horizontal shaft. The old 50cc Honda bike engine was a great goer but very heavy - too heavy for a pushbike I'd have thought.

I assumed we were talking about the GXH50 that you and I have as well.

Growing up in the country, my neighbors (big time farmers) had a pair of Honda 50s- loved 'em.

Back