Honda and HuaSheng possable Carb MOD

This is a fun hobby. I also explained above I was going to upgrade the bearings as soon as I found out whats actually in the motor. Anyway replacing a bearing before it damages the crankshaft is not only smarter but easier as this is my plan.
I used to get bearings from King Bearing. These guys can tell you the quality of bearing in the motor now. They can also get any size bearing that exists in different grades of quality.
It can be quite expensive but as I have not contacted them yet I'm just doing this little bit at a time.
I also plan on getting other advice from small engine repair shops like lawn mower motors to see what they recommend as far as this is concerned.
I know the HuaSheng would'nt stand a chance in something like this.
There are also debates on HP vs Torque
I don't like shedding my view on the subject just for the sake of non-arguement. If you get my drift.
http://www.vettenet.org/torquehp.html
Out here in Colorado they have at least one freeway I know of that has its own bike lane for scooters, bicycles and motored bikes. It goes for about 40 miles one direction and you can come back on the other side. Perfect for testing my bike.
The lanes about 7 foot wide. I used to drive it on a regular MB with street slicks

Last edited:
Hey Old Bob!
I was curious to were you got your information after researching it myself. I could'nt find anything about motor freezing because they were running a mod or anything.
I found one thread about a random Honda gxh50 seizing and he did'nt have any mods on it.
When are your buddies going to show off the racing video's. I cant wait to see them.
Truthfully I was'nt going to install new bearings until I tested it out.

Last edited:
I get information from Honda documents, factory service manuals etc.Plus years of experience with the Honda mini four stroke line and other small engines.

Go ahead spin it up to 10,000 rpm, just make sure you are wearing kevlar pants.

Well I don't see any wide spread failure either way.
What about those videos? Do I have to use paypal?
Do you see the carb picture were the pen shows the restrictor on the carb? That alone is a dead giveaway. Honda does'nt want this stuff interchangeable is all.
Its so they can have team Honda not team bideronit13.
Well go team honda then I'll see you.
I have experience with stock honda dirt bikes made into race machines. I know for a fact that when you buy one stock it has the same corks in it as this little motor. I dont have to give you any examples because anyone who knows about this is probley laughing away like me. No disrespect for you beliefs based on manuals and such.

Last edited:
More goes on than just what you see on internet forums.
No idea what you are talking about with videos.I never offered a video of anything and never will.
The GXH50 has splash lubrication and a plain bearing rod, these are not known to last long at high rpm.Which is why honda recommends keeping the rpm below 7800.
My personal recommendation is to keep it under 7000.

Can you show everybody what part you replace the bearings with and were to get them?
A part number would be good too.
Since you must have blown out a few bearings or your buddies must have blown out a few bearings for you to come to this conclusion.
Or did you just throw away a Honda motor after you blew out the bearings?

I finished my exhaust and its doing a final dry with the JB Weld.
When I was packing the exhaust I found that just a little bit of the packing is needed and not real tight.
I plan on going over 70mph in a few weeks down the HWY 34 freeway.
I also am using a water bottle holder to mount the carb because the carb is going to be to heavy for the little intake bolts.
Mathematically the mod is going to be perfection. As the exhaust port is filled with a sleve thats 15mm. Now that Im running my intake at 18mm I have plenty of math to spare as the exhaust to intake ratio is on and around 83% = a perfect tune.
I have to buy a video camera as I want to record the 70mph run.
There is also an ignition mod that I'll share. it has to do with disconnecting the low oil shut off system that would then send all the energy to the coil.
Keep it tunned.

Last edited:
Bid you want to go that fast get a 99cc from harbor freight, that motor will do what your looking for.

The only way your Honda 50 bike is going 70 mph on a level highway is
in the back of a truck and that doesn't count! :D

Disconnecting the low oil shut off system has zero effect on
sending all the energy to the coil. The low oil shut off uses no
energy.

Just about everyone who has a Honda GXH 50 has already disconnected
the low oil sensor because it can make the motor shut off going over
bumps and turns, etc which is annoying and possibly dangerous.

Your engine hop up mods are very original and entertaining so please keep em coming.
thanks.

I finished my exhaust and its doing a final dry with the JB Weld.
When I was packing the exhaust I found that just a little bit of the packing is needed and not real tight.
I plan on going over 70mph in a few weeks down the HWY 34 freeway.
I also am using a water bottle holder to mount the carb because the carb is going to be to heavy for the little intake bolts.
Mathematically the mod is going to be perfection. As the exhaust port is filled with a sleve thats 15mm. Now that Im running my intake at 18mm I have plenty of math to spare as the exhaust to intake ratio is on and around 83% = a perfect tune.
I have to buy a video camera as I want to record the 70mph run.
There is also an ignition mod that I'll share. it has to do with disconnecting the low oil shut off system that would then send all the energy to the coil.
Keep it tunned.

Back