Honda and HuaSheng possable Carb MOD

Ain't neither of you crazy enough to go 70mph.
Especially motorbicycleracer he drag races at 35mph.
So anyway I'm going to switch my beach cruiser tires for nice slicks. I did that on my mountain bike and I don't have to pedal that much and its moving much faster then before.
On the freeway I've done 180mph before on motorcycles. I know that you hydroplane with the grooves in the freeway vary slippery.
So on this long freeway out here there's blacktop roads that go for miles with no traffic along side the freeway that the slicks will be perfect for that speed.
So take your notes Mr. motorbicycleracing

Last edited:
I'm machining my new 18mm intake manifolds. I have one mounted (picture below) and I also am using a inline fuel filter for the internal motor breather.
I have some more machining to do on the pictured manifold as Im going to cut the exposed flange off then mount another 18mm intake manifold and again cut the flange and connect the two with a hose.
The fitting on these manifolds is perfect and I mean it.
I'm going to have to wait till the snow melts so I'll be looking to go over 70 in a week or two.
I've also swapped my beach cruiser white walls with some not to expensive innova 26" slick tires i had on my MB.
Another change is I've ordered an 11 tooth right drive shift kit sprocket and a 36 tooth chain-ring all from SBP.
So the end result is a good race combination with the high torque exhaust set up and the extra fuel to the carb along with the rest of the ratio's involved.
Another thing you can use a 1985 ch80 throttle with a 1986 ch80 cable and a 2006 ch80 carb so anything there and in between is all interchangable. My throttle setup is again perfect after a few machining jobs here and there. I've actually chopped the brake lever off and removed all electric wire and components on the throttle handle assembly so my shimano 7 speed v-brake shift combo can all fit in.
Someone could use the on off switch from the CH80 throttle handle for the on off on the Honda gxh50. I choose not to because I don't want the switch in-between the throttle and the speed shifter.
The throttle handle on the ch80 has a single black wire going to the on off switch just like the setup on the gxh50. There's two other wires going to the starter button on the ch80 handle as well. That can be used for something else or just removed like I did.
Keep it tuned.

Attachments

• Nov05_001.jpg
    Nov05_001.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 399
  • Nov03_001.jpg
    Nov03_001.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 376
  • Nov02_001.jpg
    Nov02_001.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:
Here's some exciting news. Earlier today I got a camcorder phone as I needed a new phone anyway for $40 bucks off ebay. It records up to 120 minutes video at a time but I'll only need about one or two to get to 73mph. The phone also takes the boost mobile pay as you go which only cost me 20 bucks for 3 months.
One of the intake manifolds needed some meat cut off of the flange. I'm using a chord-less dremel so I get a little at a time. So I attached a picture. This intake is going on the carb as the carb has studs that only extend so far out.
I attached another picture of the intake finally installed on the carb.
All thats left is to cut both flanges off both intakes and put it all back togethor.

Attachments

• Nov06_001.jpg
    Nov06_001.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 338
  • Nov07_001.jpg
    Nov07_001.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
I have to buy a torch to bend the exhaust. After changing the gearing the exhaust wont fit.
The other fuel filter is for the internal motor breather that was hooked up to the stock air filter.

I gave it a pull start to check the compression and for leaks. Its sounding like a big four stroke I ain't kidding. I kinda tired of spending money this month and really want to double check stuff and do some calculation on intake ratio from a 80cc to 50cc.
I kinda got butterflies because it does look way crazy. I'm happy with it too.
What I'm getting at with the ratios is that from the factory they start tuning at a turn and a half out with the air screw so then it goes into other aspects of tuning. So I'm trying to hit it dead on with the first pull.
I just pulled it when I say check for compression and it sounds like bwaw bwaw.
I did have the exhaust on when I checked but if I keep it there I wont have no chain adjustment.

Last edited:
Good idea idea there filtering the crankcase vent. So it sounds like you're real close to firing it up, cool. Hey in one of your pics I think I can see the penny you talked about using to plug the elec choke.

Yea that and some silicone now over it.
I have the hose connecting the two manifolds like a temp thing. After I get it tuned I want to go back and either solder it or JB weld the manifold. So it is getting close.
If anybody wants a link to a free Honda ch80 service manual here's one.
http://cashville.net/content/honda-elite-1985-2002-80cc-ch80-service-manual-free-pdf
If you want to know how the auto choke extra fuel starter works it is a chamber that when blocked by the choke it blocks the passage of the chamber for 5 minutes creating more vacume for more fuel so by removing it the passage stays open for good. Then I just closed the chamber.

Attachments

• 676A0187.jpg
    676A0187.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 394
  • 676A0186.jpg
    676A0186.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 386
  • 676A0185.jpg
    676A0185.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 356
  • 676A0184.jpg
    676A0184.jpg