Honda GC 160

It's quite a bit bigger and heavier than the GXH50. (Apx. 6 HP, I believe?)

It's also illegal in most states unless you register the bicycle as a motorcycle.

I believe a few folks have used them (or similar motors) on motorized push trailers though.

Hey has anybody thought of or tried using one of these? It looks similar to the gxh50 but obviously a few more cc's. I might think of this engine next time I build.

http://www.northernhydraulics.net/honda_gchoriz.html

A "few more" cc's? That's an understatement!

Here's a 79cc engine (Honda copy) that some people have crammed into a bicycle frame with good results. The footprint is a bit larger than a GXH50 but a lot smaller than a GC160. It is on sale at Harbor Freight for $89.

If you are looking for something bigger, HFT has this Honda GX190 copy on sale for $99 with coupon. It is a superior engine to the Honda GC series, as it is a good quality copy of Honda's GX series engine - which is rated for commercial duty. The GC engines are engineered for consumer use.

Last edited:
it's a buck fifty nine on the website now. :cry:

Check and see if there is a Harbor Freight store near you, then sign up for their email specials and mailers. You can get great deals and pick them up right at the store. I have a store within 10 minutes from me. Lots of good stuff, lots of cheap garbage. It's good to see and hold the tools/equipment in person before buying.

Back