Honda Gx-35 engine mods

Otto Neumann

Local time
2:12 AM
Hello folks,it's me again,Otto~
Next week I'll order from my supplier the transmission chain,and as it has quite a lot of performance parts which can overall improve the engine; I'd like to know in a more deep way some of the classical "bolt on" performance mods,such like a new high flow air filter,adding a stack,swapping the stock carburetor with a new one and swapping the stock exhaust system.

~0~

As the air filter and the exhaust system are the most clear and intuitive options; I'll limit myself to ask more about the stack and swapping the stock Honda Gx carburetor with a more consistent model (like an NT carb,HP carb or even a Mikuni one,just for name a model which it's below a bright light):

-Which carburetor should I eventually choose,on the day in which I'll wish to get a better
performance from my engine?

-Will it require a tuning process?

In most of the 4 stroke engine tutorials it's not shown nor mentioned the need of a tuning process,the engine just get its carburetor swapped and then it's started right away after the installation,it's pretty confusing.

-Adding a stack will improve the air intake flow on such a small engine?

Recently I find out which some carburetors; for get an high flow filter installed, they require
a rounded part with a cylindrical surface,for allow the filter's gasket to grip around in an even way. In my case I require a 40mm filter; and according to my decimal caliper, a chinese 40mm CNC cylindrical stack can do this job. It falls even in the "bolt on" category:
It will allow me to install the filter with ease and an extra but small improvement.

Here I come to the end,and before concluding, I want to open a bracket:

I already know which for get a consistent improvement on this engine I should modify the timing of the valves,bore the cylinder,or adopt an ECI system,but for me it's out of question; because it's required to add extra space on the cams,instead of grinding them. I lack the equipment and the experience for such these delicate modifications; and over lacking the budget,with the price of an ECI system I can start a project which features a way superior power.

I always thank you for your time and for your replies,furthermore:
I wish happy holidays to everybody and their respective enhanced bikes~

-Otto

Last edited:
Back