Honda GX35 centrifugal clutch - lower rpm

zden

Local time
8:53 PM
Hi.

Centrifugal clutch on GX35 start working at 4200rpm.
Can you recommend me please suitable spring for lower rpm. I need approximately 3400 for slow ride.

Thank you.

Z.

Check out Staton Inc.
Look under the tab labeled 23. Honda engine parts.

I found only those two:

http://www.staton-inc.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=2010
http://www.staton-inc.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=2011

is it correct ?
and if i set idle rpm for example to 2400, is it enough for lubrication engine, because in manual is written 3200

thank you
that should be no problem, the only reason they set it so high is becuase the engine needs more momentum for the piston to idle cleanly, and the manufacture doesn't want them to shake at lower rpms (it will be more pronounced, but it will not hurt the engine)

So idle set to 2400 and change spring for 2650 and do not leaving bicycle on idle for long time

do you have experience with climbing hills, or offroad with rpm 3000-3500, i need go slowly because there ara bad contidions, stones, mud, ore threes

thank you and sorry for my english

So idle set to 2400 and change spring for 2650 and do not leaving bicycle on idle for long time

do you have experience with climbing hills, or offroad with rpm 3000-3500, i need go slowly because there ara bad contidions, stones, mud, ore threes

thank you and sorry for my english
I'm assuming you have a friction drive
You could get a smaller diameter roller and that will give you more torque and be able to climb better.
(Ie going from 1" down to 7/8in)

Muddy/wet conditions arent favorable for friction drives (main reason i like chain drive) but its manageable

No friction. I have mountan bike 27,5x3.0 and dirty tires. So that i need two gears. On road 15-30km/h 3500-6000 and off road 4,5-8,5km/h. Now making primitiv transmission with manual shifting - no derailleur :) mus stop and with my hand change.
I have chain 1/2 1/4 and sprocket wheels 10 and 34. So this is problem.
Have you experience with gx35 and rpm around 3000 in hills ? Have engine enough power ? Graf ends at 4000 0,5kW. I suppose that 0,2kW and good gear ratio will work, because if i pedal for longer time i produce less than 0,1kW.

No friction. I have mountan bike 27,5x3.0 and dirty tires. So that i need twho gears. On road 15-30km/h 3500-6000 and off road 4,5-8,5km/h. Now making primitiv transmission with manual shifting - no derailleur :) mus stop and with my hand change.
I have chain 1/2 1/4 and sprocket wheels 10 and 34. So this is problem.
Have you experience with gx35 and rpm around 3000 in hills ? Have engine enough power ?
With the right gearing it should have plenty of power.
Have you considered making a spring loaded chain tensioner? As that would take up any slack made by the sprockets

But what about lifespan of bicycle chain 7speed ? I read about 1 tkm and thats not enough.

It does not work without spring loaded chain tensioner.

Do not understand : As that would take up any slack made by the sprockets

Last edited:
And exist clutch spring for honda gx25 2300-2800 rpm ?
I found at home this engine and want use it for mini quad.

Thank you.

Back