Honda GX35 Power Increase

With the stock cam the dynamic CR is going to be insanely high. You can try it. Keep in mind if the CR is too high you will lose power due to pumping losses.

The dome is .049" taller and
doesn't have the dished piston of the GX35.

Found the cam specs.
Measured duration @ adverised lift = .004"
IO 10° BTDC
IC 57° ABDC
247° duration

EO 48° BBDC
EC 28° ATDC

256° duration

.106" lift

38° overlap

Last edited:
is it possible for me to get the design parameters of the honda gx35's piston??

Sounds like fun project...i can suggest quite a few modifications that will improve power and efficiency...Im sure many others on here could as well.

Im not sure what you might be able to fabricate other than maybe a steel tube intake manifold and maybe part of an exhaust system.

Typical bolt on performance parts would be:

1. High flow air filter
2. Upgraded carburetor
3. Intake manifold.
4. Exhaust system
5. Ignition system

You can take things even further with cylinder head porting and compression increases, valvetrain upgrades to go along with a more performance oriented camshaft and in some cases big bore kits which increases cubic inches.

This can be a costly adventure but if you just want to do some simple basic modifications and describe how a particular change increased power and efficiency then you can do these simple but effective changes

1.High performance air filter replacement.
2. Upgrade exhaust system
3. Carburetor tuning.

Im not familiar with what the aftermarket is providing for this particular motor but performance is somewhat universal and im sure something is available to help you reach your goals.

Hi;which carburetor would you recommend to me?
an HP carb would be fine?

I was reading up on that motor...it seems there isn't much in the way of performance upgrades for it.

Hold off on trying an hp carb for now...as small as that engine is it may be too large for it.

I would search in the way of a better air filter and maybe exhaust first.

Last edited:
I was reading up on that motor...it seems there isn't much in the way of performance upgrades for it.

Hold off on trying an hour carb for now...as small as that engine is it may be too large for it.

I would search in the way of a better air filter and maybe exhaust first.

Thanks!
I got all the time,my throttle will arrive in February xD
On the stock carb I need to add a stack,there's nothing for the filter's gasket to grip around,a bolt on stock will provide the right lenght

Last edited:
Back