Honda GX50 Adjustable Carb?

Even with less air, the diaphragm still makes one full movement. Delivering the same amount of fuel. The pulse is based off of the engine. Still pulling in how many ever cc's of air, just at a different density. An the diaphragm moves so very very little, the slight difference in psi doesn't effect it at all. It will still pump the same amount of fuel on pikes peak as it will in death valley. Most of them are made so they pump more than can be delivered through the jets, an ones with a return line just send that extra back to the tank. One's without, just take less fuel than a full pulse delivers to re prime the valve for the next charge of fuel.
So based on what you're saying the OP just needs to tune the carb for peak performance. To do the best adjustment a tachometer and metering lever tool should be used along with using a 100% gas

So based on what you're saying the OP just needs to tune the carb for peak performance. To do the best adjustment a tachometer and metering lever tool should be used along with using a 100% gas
No bowl to use a metering device, nice purr is good for idle and who can afford 100% gas?
OIP.H8Eqm3CjpA3GyplZ9RuzvQHaE3

100% gas only means its ethanol free, same as what I'm running, it's roughly the same price as 87 octane 10% ethanol...If you can afford "regular" gas, you can afford ethanol free gas...lol.
It's like 50 cents more a gallon here. Oh and it's 15% when labeled as 10%

Hello,
I'm a serious cyclist, but have never played with motor assisted bikes before. I recently purchased a Staton GX50 friction drive kit with a 1 1/8" roller for multi-hundred mile trips through the mountainous western states. The owners manual states that the carburetor needs to be modified for high altitude use, but once that is done, the engine may overheat if used at low altitude. Currently I don't expect to be going lower than 3,000 feet, and passes peak at over 10,000. From my research I believe I would need to go one jet smaller (from a #44 jet to a #43). However, I am not sure if I would need to make any other adjustments to the carburetor, and short of purchasing the $40 shop manual, I am unable to find that information anywhere. Does anyone know the process for setting up the GX50 carburetor for high altitude use? I have never worked on a carburetor before, but I can learn.

Or, would it be a good idea to get an adjustable carburetor instead? If so, what carb would fit/work? I can't find that information anywhere either.

Thank you much for any help,
AccessDubious
I also have a Staton (GX35 Gear&Chain drive on a Trike), but live in Phoenix, AZ, mostly flat, but HOT. These Honda engines seem pretty bullet proof.
All I can offer, if you haven't already done so, is to Google search your problem, & also look at YouTube

I finally got in contact with Honda (Pace West Distributor), and according to the guy on the phone all I need to do is replace the main jet. He said that I would not need to make any other adjustments.

Back