Honda GX50 flying off the shelves

Thanks for the wassup on your GX50 Whizzerd, can't wait to put mine together this spring. Seems like the perfect legal FD motor for bicycles.

I will try it with a 1.25 inch roller. Can you take off from a dead stop without pedaling?

Well, I'm around 225 lbs. and my bike is a Husky industrial cruiser. Yes it will take off from a dead stop without pedaling. Pretty torquey little engine. Much better acceleration than the gx31/35. I am going to install a wider rear tire. Using a 1.95" CST now. Slips some on wet pavement even with increased roller pressure. Only downside right now is the small fuel tank. But with the diaphragm carb not a big deal to install a larger tank on the right side of the u-bracket. Or carry a fuel can.

Great, I expect good torque from a stand still with my 1.25 roller. I have a Blackwell Schwinn with 2.75 inch wide tires.

Mike, it's always a good idea/practice to pedal from a standing start with a FD. Slippage can decrease the life of the tire.

40 on back order as of today and being drop shipped, bet a majority are for MAB's. Somehow I'm not surprised at all.

Back