Honda GXH 50 FD kit Clutch lever/cable problem

bilboby

Local time
11:22 AM
Hello MBer's,

I decided on installing a new honda gxh50 fd kit onto my old bike for a dummy run before eventually fitting onto a new 28 speed mountain bike ofwhich i'll be purchasing next month.

Now to my problem.

On fitting the honda + friction drive unit onto the bike i have just spent the best part of a couple of hours trying without any luck to install the clutch lever cable onto the a Honda GXH 50. The plastic clutch lever that came with the kit snapped in two when i thought i'd finished the build after pulling (engine not running) the lever for testing. Therefore i've set about fitting an old clutch lever i have from another kit but for some reason when turning the lever handle and releasing the lever it remains locked without returning back into it's normal idling position. I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be given i've never had such problems before when fitting onto Chinese 2 stroke engines.

Are any MB members able to suggest what my next move should be as although i'm sure it's only a very small trivial problem i'm at a loss on how best to resolve it.

Cheers for any help or advice which'll be much appreciated.

Let's all enjoy MB riding

Hello MBer's,

I decided on installing a new honda gxh50 fd kit onto my old bike for a dummy run before eventually fitting onto a new 28 speed mountain bike ofwhich i'll be purchasing next month.

Now to my problem.

On fitting the honda + friction drive unit onto the bike i have just spent the best part of a couple of hours trying without any luck to install the clutch lever cable onto the a Honda GXH 50. The plastic clutch lever that came with the kit snapped in two when i thought i'd finished the build after pulling (engine not running) the lever for testing. Therefore i've set about fitting an old clutch lever i have from another kit but for some reason when turning the lever handle and releasing the lever it remains locked without returning back into it's normal idling position. I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be given i've never had such problems before when fitting onto Chinese 2 stroke engines.

Are any MB members able to suggest what my next move should be as although i'm sure it's only a very small trivial problem i'm at a loss on how best to resolve it.

Cheers for any help or advice which'll be much appreciated.

Let's all enjoy MB riding

Admin's can supprime this thread as i've since found the thread i'm looking for concerning the above problem elsewhere on MB.com and have since discovered it's not a clutch problem but infact a throttle one. I'll be using the original thread for my questions and hopefully members replies if needed.

Cheers

Back