Honda GXH50 clutch screeching

T

TWalker

Staton Honda but before I call Dave i'll ask here...

When letting off the throttle complewtely or even walking the bike at say above 5 mph it makes this schreeching clutch noise (85% sure its clutch) if I give it some gas (enough to engage the clutch?) while decelerating it stops.

Or obviously if I disengage the friction drive it stops.

What gives?

My golf cart make a similar sound if I roll down a hill in gear yet not applying gas. If it is the same thing, it's the sound of your engine spinning without being given throttle. Soon as I give it a little gas, she takes off under her own power and the noise stops.

Well now it schreeches and it sometimes wont even engage and sometimes it will if i shut it off for a while.

Less than a hundred miles and Ive already replaced the clutch drum and now this. I got more miles and less trouble out of my old HTs than I do the Staton Honda.

I've now solved the problem. I just think I was being a bit hard on the takeoffs etc. the Honda engine is so powerful its deceptive because it is also so smooth and quiet. I also am over 200lbs and used the engine on a pusher which was was even heavier but what a sweet setup!

I'm now wanting to try out one of the Subaru Robins with chain drive on a BMX has anyone tried this?

Back