Honda GXH50 cuts out 1/3 throttle

Jmulhollen

Local time
1:54 PM
I’m hoping someone has a clue what I can check out on this GXH50 that is in a go kart. This forum is faaaar more active.

This video shows it all. Starts fine; idles fine, top end fine, about 1/3 throttle and it dies if it stays there.

I’ve tried with or without the yellow oil wire connected, carb is shiny and clean. Cleaned the weird pull out plastic jet on the top. Fresh race gas. Loosened the cap(I also noticed the cap when tightened does not allow gas to flow.

This forum is faaaar more active.
Yes, it most certainly is...lol...I have visited the other "morgue" on occasion just to check it out, it's like watching grass grow just waiting for reponses over there...lol...My grandmotther has more vitality in her and she's been dead since 1969...lol.

I am sure that some of our 4 stroker members will be around soon enough to read your question and hopefully provide you with some good answers.

Check for a air leak around the intake manifold to the cylinder block mounting. The hondas & the hausheng is notorious for having a air leak there. You can use starting fluid, wd 40, brake clean, or something similar & lightly spray around the mounting surface. If rpm changes you have located your leak.

Check for a air leak around the intake manifold to the cylinder block mounting. The hondas & the hausheng is notorious for having a air leak there. You can use starting fluid, wd 40, brake clean, or something similar & lightly spray around the mounting surface. If rpm changes you have located your leak.
Sounds like a good place to start for troubleshooting that beastie.

I’ve tried with or without the yellow oil wire connected, carb is shiny and clean. Cleaned the weird pull out plastic jet on the top. Fresh race gas. Loosened the cap(I also noticed the cap when tightened does not allow gas to flow.
Does it run normal with the cap removed? If it does cap is not venting. In the fuel line right where it leaves the tank is an inline fuel filter built into the hose, not the fuel tank nipple. Squeeze it there and it should be rock hard, maybe it's partially plugged.

The cap needs to be backed off a bit in order to flow smoothly. Next step is swapping out the main for a leaner jet.

Back