CVT Honda GXH50 + CVT Some questions

Exactly. The breakpoints on the chart are estimates of the points on a curve where the greatest rate of change is taking place. They are not exact. Near the breakpoints, the speed/RPM is changing smoothly - not with a discontinuity. Straight lines were used for convenience.

A more accurate chart of RPM versus Speed would look more like the sketch, below. The problem is that it's very difficult, if not impossible to actually KNOW when on the curve the actual Speed/RPM differs from the straight-line method, as it depends on the amount of throttle you're giving the engine, as well as the load on the output, plus probably several other variables:eek: :mad5:

Attachments

• RPM-Speed.JPG
    RPM-Speed.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 438
Tell please, what resource at belt CVT?
At testing CVT in the case there was a black powder from a belt - it is normal? If so there were quickly deterioration products, whether the belt quickly will grind off?
Thanks.

Yesterday, Wire Tied My Pickup Truck Gps Street Pilot To The Handle Bar Neck. Now I Will Not Get Lost!! Lol. Will Start Riding My 2 Cvt Bikes And Check My Speeds With Accuracy. Yesterday, With The Shifter Bike, Reached A Top Speed Of 32 Mph. It Felt Like 80 Mph!! To Fast For Me On Cheap Wheels And Well Over 300 Lbs. Around 25 Mph Is A Fun Crusing Speed. If Shifted Down A Gear And Scream The Motor It Mite Go Faster, But Why? Nuttsy Rides His Cvt 33cc Mab Daily, To Work. It Cruises At 25 Mph. And A Little Faster In The Past. He Weighs Around 200. Need To Fix Choke On Titan Cvt. It Would Not "awake" After Riding 1500 Miles In Back Of Truck And Sitting In The Sun For 2 Months. The Cvt Is Quicker Than A Human!! Last Week It Would Not Start At Idle. Standing On The Left Side, Reached Accross With Left Hand And Held The Cheap Sticky Finger Throttle Open A Little. Gave It One Pull, It Fired And Launched Like A Rocket. Befor The Handle Bar And Throttle Could Be Released The Front Wheel Came Over Backwards. It Shot Off The Deck, Did A Complete Somersult Six Foot In The Air Landed Upside Down In The Grass. The Second Time I Was More Prepared, It Did The Same Thing Again!!! Duh!! Broke The Choke, Bent Muffler, Gas Tank Mount And Left Hand Was Swelled And Black And Blue. Will Put In On The Bike Stand Next Time!! The Titans Normally Start On First Pull When Warm And First When Cold With Choke On. ALECKOR, NUTTSY MAY POST ABOUT BELT WEAR, DON` THINK IT IS A WORRY! HE IS ON A GROUP RIDE TODAY. Ron

Attachments

• 100_1230.jpg
    100_1230.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 497
  • 100_1229.jpg
    100_1229.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
Here's Nuttsky

Yes, my Russian friend, black powdery substance (belt dust) is normal and NOT to worry about. I have some inside my CVT and it is not making much any more. I think it is from when the belt is new. I have almost 1400 miles US (2250KM) and still original factory belt in good condition.
Ride and enjoy!
Nutz

Greetings to all!
Recently has finished work on the motor-bicycle with engine Honda GXH 50 with CVT.
Weight of 25 kg. The truth completely I the motor-bicycle has not finished (it is necessary to establish wings, light and other).

From a place start very dynamical (the forward wheel even rises), but after 10 km/h dispersal becomes very smooth (I think it is necessary to change cargoes in a variator).
Drive to a wheel a chain with step of 12,7 mm.

CVT has the general transfer relation 8,2:1. Chain transfer 4,8:1. The general transfer relation 39:1 on start. On the maximum speed transfer relations 17:1.
The minimum theoretical speed of 10 km/h, the maximum 54 km/h.

d40a9eae0f9e839fccf0995386e34581.jpg

ec893f33deff3a6949fc82cbfdd56614.jpg

254f0f13326d3eb6ffa56b456bd61ce2.jpg

36fc5f596451fc8bc982f27934db8e65.jpg

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXi4qnw6T7A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bISZP7o0Db8

alekor, congratulations!!! now you are living large!! ha ha. that should work good. thanks for the pictures. has 90 degrees in the lift been trouble?? ron

This is great work, techncially, but mounting the unit in a frame would certainly take the achievement to the next level. The center of gravity and the look would be so much more appealing with the power system in the frame. Why not go for it and install it inframe? Mike

alekor, congratulations!!! now you are living large!! ha ha. that should work good. thanks for the pictures. has 90 degrees in the lift been trouble?? ron

Thanks! Problems with 90 degrees in the lift are not present - oil does not flow. And that gasoline did not flow, I burn out it from the carburettor, having closed the crane on the carburettor.

Last edited:
This is great work, techncially, but mounting the unit in a frame would certainly take the achievement to the next level. The center of gravity and the look would be so much more appealing with the power system in the frame. Why not go for it and install it inframe? Mike

Many thanks!
I have not established the engine in a frame because of the big width Honda+CVT (awakes to disturb to feet). Still the engine has too big height and clings for a bicycle frame.

Back