Honda GXH50 engine WON'T fit Titan Kit.

Oscully, does that mean the Tital originates from the same factory as the Huangsheng or is it a Honda too?

I can't provide any information on where the various engines are manufactured. I have the Honda GXH50 and looking at the photos in this thread I feel that who ever manufactures the Honda is doing a superior job than who ever manufactures the Titan. It is my understanding that the Honda and Huangsheng are Identical buy outside appearence and the various mounting points. But I don't think that means they are made by the same manufacturer. The Titan at first glance looks similar and perhaps to alot of folks the same, but there is one major difference when looked at closely and that is where the Power Take Off Mounts. The Titan crankcase has a built up shroud around the included clutch. The Honda and Huangsheng do not have this feature. While this shroud is a plus for the Titans Power Take Off Unit it is a negative for attaching any of the other gear boxes available for 4-strokes. I believe the exception to ths is the Staton-Inc. 18.75:1 gearbox. But the GRUBEE and the Hoot gear boxes will not easily bolt up to the Titan.

ocscully

Thanks Oscully, from my knowledge of China the Huangsheng is a rip-off of the Honda - made in China where copyrights are not respected - but it is a good copy and the casting is as good as the original. I too noticed the casting on the Titan looked a bit rough but the engine could well be great. I think the Titan engine is made in China because they go to great lengths to avoid stating where it comes from. The Hoot GB won't fit on any Huangsheng but only on the ones made specially for it because they actually have a different shaft size that only fits the Hoot GB. That means they can't be used with anything else although you intimated that, with difficulty, they might fit a Titan. So I take it that the Titan is a mystery motor that Dax won't divulge the providence of and that it goes with his kit only. His kit sounds great though and seems to be second only to the Staton for quality of drive train mechanism. The Huangsheng is a good buy but the Hoot GB seems to be getting a bad press on these pages. Time will tell.

... I think the Titan engine is made in China because they go to great lengths to avoid stating where it comes from.... So I take it that the Titan is a mystery motor that Dax won't divulge the providence of and that it goes with his kit only....

I have avoided stating it, but apparently I'm not the only one who noticed this.

That being said, the quality looks fine and more importantly, those using it see quite satisfied. However, I'll stick with my Honda....but I'm partial to a frame mount.

Back