Honda GXH50 throttle set up

biketec

Local time
9:05 AM
I have been getting a lot of phone calls lately from people wanting to know how to hook up the Honda throttle cable can anyone post the pix or links to the threads on how you guys have rigged them up I would really appreciate your help.

Last edited:
Fetors Frottle.

See if u think this helps...if necessary i'll try to take more detailed pics.
1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

Fetor,

A very nice solution to the throttle hook up, and a very creative use of the V-brake cable elbow. You are showing two different configurations of the black bracket? Which is the most recent version? Also the arm attached to the Carb valve is held how?

ocscully

Fetor,

A very nice solution to the throttle hook up, and a very creative use of the V-brake cable elbow. You are showing two different configurations of the black bracket? Which is the most recent version? Also the arm attached to the Carb valve is held how?

ocscully
The black bracket is the same bracket,except pics taken from different angles.The arm that's attached to the top of the carb is held by two 3mm bolts(one faces upwards,one downwards,for clearance)
The standard throttle arm has two holes(one larger,one smaller) already drilled....i just redrilled them a bit wider(both 3mm) to mount the new extended arm on top.
The spring is from the governor.
My camera doesn't take macros but if i get a lend of one i'll post better pics.
Later man.

Attachments

• gx200-throttle-linkage-047.jpg
    gx200-throttle-linkage-047.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1,066
Thanks for putting all the links in one place makes it a lot easier to find them now :)

Thanks!!

Adapting a throttle cable for fitting onto a Honda GXH50 for rear friction drive is proving to be a real nightmare, is it possible members have got any suggestions on how best to get the throttle cable installed and working. I've read all the posts from this thread but it would appear the GXH50's in question are for V Frame mounting and not for my current rear friction drive setup.

Thank's in advance.

Back