Honda gxh50 / under-mount fuel tank?

One more question: Did you use a brown paper bag like from a grocery store or a cereal box for your gasket material?

I've been reading around to the pros of using thinner gaskets. Good trick to know because I had no idea!

Did you switch any other gaskets out on your engine to help with compression? (guess that's actually two more questions)

Brown bag paper should work. I personally have not done any thin gasket performance mods, they aren't possible with these engines, because the block, cylinder, and head, are one piece. But you can get higher compression ratios by using thin gaskets for the cylinder or head gaskets, on small engines that have those. My Chinese 2 stroke engines have one piece heads, but the base gaskets are possible. I bought a nice chunk of thick, brown, gasket materiel for about the cost of one carb gasket, it'll last me a long time, I can make a lot of gaskets out of that.

Ok, carb mounted and engine cranked, definitely getting to much gas now, engine is much louder.

How much should I bend the float lever?

It looks like I would bend the clip end of the lever that attaches to the needle down toward the primer bulb to give it more gas. Does that sound right?

Back