honda gxh50 with centrifuegal clutch

If your still concidering a Honda engine be advised the Titan PTO will NOT fit the Honda in it's standard form.....it needs a clutch housing that i believe Staton sells(expensive though),OR simply buy the HS engine(or Dax's engine as Youngbird said)
Agreed about contacting Duane,he bought a Honda engine to test all this out.

isnt the titan $370 or something like that for the whole rear mounted kit.
like with the jackshaft and mount and throttle. i was gonna look on go kart sites and stuff and see if they sell the centrifeugal clutches with the sprocket attached for the honda shaft. i know i would need the staton housing and stuff. it isnt cheap either.

Go thru DAX....get the Titan Engine and the Titan Gearbox(5:1). It has a 10 tooth driver then all you need is a 40(ish) tooth rear sprocket....Good to go. You will need all the accessories, but its a good way to go.

The Titan Gearbox reverses the rotation of the output shaft, plus the Titan motor with its PTO unit attached is 11 &3/4 in. wide. These are not problems with a rack mount and a jackshaft but are problems if you want to mount the motor in the frame.

ocscully

cspaur...has your basic idea changed,or are u continuing to think the same(Honda engine/in-frame mount/gearbox)?

Yes....the Titan Gearbox does reverse the rotation but thats overcome by mounting the engine"backwards"....ccw turned 180 degrees is cw. No problem. Right? And the gear box is about 29.99....Titan Engine is 175.00.

The Titan is a good system,3rd generation.
PM FireBellyCycles & ask how his tranny is going....it should be pretty near to completion.
I don't recommend the Grubee & there's NO chance of u getting Quenton's as a standalone item.

Out of curiosity i physically sized-up the Titan engine/PTO on a Grubee base(exhaust forewards) & unless i'm missing something it's unrealisticlly wide,plus the output sprocket has the wrong rotational direction.

Back