Honda GXH50

snakedoctor

Local time
3:09 PM
I have a brand new GXH50 and am having a hesitating problem when accelerating from half throttle. There are two screws on the carbuerator, one is black and phillips head and the other is regular. Does anybody know what these screws are for. I have a shop manual ordered but hasn't arrived yet.

Thanks, for the info. I rode it for the second time yesterday and it seems to be getting a little better. I've been running premium gas in it. Also the link to the carbeurator adjusting is a great article.

You don't need premium. [ no matter what anyone else tells you ] Use what is recommended. I have a small Honda generator that recommends regular gas. Put premium in it & it won't run as well.

The owners manual says pump octane rating 86 or higher. It also says this engine is certified to operate on unleaded gasoling with a pump octane rating of 86 or higher (a research octane rating of 91 or higher)

Not to dispute, but regular unleaded , at least here, is 87 octane. My Honda genset says 86 or more, also , but premium doesn't run as well in it as regular. Any way, run some more gas thru it, & see if it improves.

In the Great State of california (LOL) , Premium is 91 Octane !! (unless you make a trip to the local rural air strip for some blue gas)

Yipes. I would try that fuel on a Chineser kit , first , before trying on a nice Honda.

Back