Hooking up wires

iRide Customs

Local time
7:39 AM
I don't know if this had been addressed here but I have a Skyhawk 48cc round head and I am to the point of installation where I have to do the electrical. The instructions aren't quite clear and I seem to remember something about the Blue wire but I'm not sure.

Can someone tell me which wires to plug into which wires?

I have;
a Blue White and Black coming out of the engine,
a blue and black out of the ignition,
and a green ground and a yellow striped one coming off of the throttle kill switch.

If I get this right I may be motoring tonight.

Thanks for your help!

Dan

blue to blue
black to black
green to ground
yellow striped tied in with blue
tape up the white wire. not used unless you want to try to hook up a light.

let us know how it goes.

Well, I through it together in a couple of hours this morning and then had to go run errands before firing it off.

After the errands I sped home and started tinkering with the last few minor details before giving it the gas. I double checked all the nuts and bolt 3 times, made sure all the wires were connected and the clutch was adjusted properly. I turn it for the shop door and hopped on the seat to pedal it out to the street and....clunk! By golly if the cranks aren't wide enough and they hit the engine. Lame. Well I figured I would just push start it. I got to the street and gave her a push...bllluuu bllluuuu blluuuuuuuuuu u. Nothing. Second time, same thing. I pushed it back to the shop and rechecked everything. Tried it one more time and same thing...nothing. Rolled back to the shop, took out the plug, checked gap and checked for spark. Hmm...no spark. Talk about bummed! I fiddled around with the wire connections several more times checking for spark several times then out of the blue I saw BLUE!!! I put the plug back in and rolled it back to the street, gave her a push, popped the clutch and cough, cough sputter, sputter and ringdingding ding!!! How sweet the sound! And smell (Castrol synthetic).

I cruised it up and down the cul-de-sac a few times and headed up the street. I opened it up a little and got a gnarly harmonic vibration that caused the gas tank to splash out through the cap. Slowed her back a little and couldn't stop grinning. As a matter of fact I am still giddy.

By the way, I installed my engine on a 60's?-70's? era Schwinn Tiger 2 speed kickback.

Sorry but no pics yet...it's kinda ratty looking and cobbled together with a 24'' rear wheel.

Damn this is going to be FUN!!!!!

Dan

woohoo!!

that 2 speed hub is huge....did you have to alter the sprocket??

a quick note....you prolly should run a couple tanks of organic 2 stroke oil mix , first. (25/1) . Ya gotta get a little break-in wear. Save the synthetic oil for after break-in.
my 2 cents

anybody??

Oops...too late on the synthetic. Should I switch to organic? Does it make a big difference? I've always heard that you should stick with one kind.

I used and old 24'' single speed coaster and made a new sprocket for it.

Back