Hopped up motors

You were saying that the 40mm intake ones with the round exh port have more torque I like that!
Another odd thing about this is that I didn't notice until I finished the 4th bike that they had came with 41 tooth sprockets making it even more impressive. The torque that is, not my powers of observation.

Factory cut. Wish I had the tools for this.
Carbide bits and a dremel for that job, I wonder if that large cut out under the intake is necessary or helpful (as opposed to the normal small cut out seen above the same port.)

Have you noticed a difference? It would seem as though a piston's skirt could be left intact with that type of cut.

Carbide bits and a dremel for that job, I wonder if that large cut out under the intake is necessary or helpful (as opposed to the normal small cut out seen above the same port.)

Have you noticed a difference? It would seem as though a piston's skirt could be left intact with that type of cut.
third transfer ports can easily be a 15% improvement with a reed valve engine if designed properly

LOL yes that is very good to hear is the timing still 25 degrees btdc?
You give me to much credit. I really couldn't say, and it would take me some considerable head scratching to figure. I remember doing the int. circ. of the rotor, width of the key and calcing the degrees in it's width, but I forget what it was now.

You give me to much credit. I really couldn't say, and it would take me some considerable head scratching to figure. I remember doing the int. circ. of the rotor, width of the key and calcing the degrees in it's width, but I forget what it was now.
Its all good brother! is the key position at tdc more towards 1 oclock or just after 12 oclock ?

Frankenstein I'm not sure as in difference to what. I have wondered if some holes in the skirt in alignment with the port would make any diff. Their is s**tloads I don't know about these matters

Last edited:
Back