Engine Trouble Horrid Grinding Noise When Going Above 18mph

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
1:51 AM
Hello!
This is my first motorized bike, I've been having nonstop fun with it. I will include a video later, but the problem is when I go 18mph or above or If I have the clutch pulled in and go like 4/6ths throttle it makes a horrid Grinding Noise, making it so I don't go that fast. The noise goes away if I pull in the clutch and let go of the throttle. I know the normal slight grinding sounds when you ride and I promise this is different. I am trying to find a solution, anything helps.

Solution
How do I make the bar not go so far??
I already told you how in my previous post...DAMIEN
Uh oh. I took off the cover on both sides of the engine, but on the side that has 2 parts, I took that one off too. I did grease up the right side, but now my bike won't engage. Pulling in the clutch still makes it easier to pedal, and I can assure you it's not a cable tightening issue. Now my engine won't engage. It will a bit more if I let go of the clutch, it sounds as If the engine may turn but it doesn't. It's not a cable issue. What else could it be?
Is your chain jamming?

Is your chain jamming?
Karl...Look at the Clutch arm in his picture, It is too far out from being in line with the engine...The return spring doesn't even have compression and not even resting on the arm...The arm should have been pressed further inward by hand to be in line BEFORE the final tightening on the cable in order to actuate properly and slightly compressing the return spring...He will probably have to go back to the flower nut after this problems is corrected...DAMIEN

EDIT...
I can assure you it's not a cable tightening issue.
YES, I CAN assure you that It IS a cable tightening issue !

Last edited:
Karl...Look at the Clutch arm in his picture, It is too far out from being in line with the engine...The return spring doesn't even have compression and not even resting on the arm...The arm should have been pressed in by hand to be in line BEFORE the final tightening on the cable in order to actuate properly and slightly compressing the return spring...He will probably have to go back to the flower nut after this problems is corrected...DAMIEN

EDIT...

YES, I CAN assure you that It IS a cable tightening issue !
I don't get a picture on my side. lol. I can't see it, doesn't even show there is supposed to be an image. :unsure: hmmm wonder whats going on with that.

Screenshot.png

How do I make the bar not go so far??

Solution
What about the arm is not in line?

What about the arm is not in line?
You dont quite understand my instruction
The arm should have been pressed further inward by hand to be in line BEFORE the final tightening on the cable in order to actuate properly and slightly compressing the return spring...He will probably have to go back to the flower nut after this problems is corrected...DAMIEN

Back