horse power pipe and carb dirt cycle

here are some pics of the new hp carb and super performance pipe mods... the difference is amazing in power!!! and the sound is super cool too... instead of the stock boring sound it has a very crisp snappy pop sound, and its also completely out of the way of your leg... and now i can hall a** up this big dirt hill i had to help peddle up before... i also skimmed the head, ported, and put a 56 tooth sprocket on so it cruzes at 25 istead of 35, but throws dirt up when accelerating off road! these mods have got to bring it up to 4 or 5 horse instead of stock 3.5 horse... if i put the original 44 tooth sprocket on im sure it could exceed 40 but im more into power...

Attachments

• DSCN0542.JPG
    DSCN0542.JPG
    392.8 KB · Views: 1,267
  • DSCN0544.JPG
    DSCN0544.JPG
    492 KB · Views: 685
  • DSCN0547.JPG
    DSCN0547.JPG
    363.9 KB · Views: 779
  • DSCN0543.JPG
    DSCN0543.JPG
    489.8 KB · Views: 1,024
Hi ultimusmaximus ,

nice words all, I sprayed my motor black as it always stops
in 500F muffler paint. (its reflects my mechanical mood)

So, I'm intrigued by how long your motor will run for.
As I've heard paint will reduce cooling.

One day, I hope to ride my bike again, without peddlin.

CYA

Will Start

well the carb has ajusting needles, so if it starts to get too hot, all it requires is a little richening. i run my carb on the rich side to prevent over heating, so it will run till the gas runs out...

wow Mike i hope im around when you are in the area, i would love to go for a ride... the only company i know of is the creations that happen in my dads garage, lol... and his latest project you would get a kick out of... he calls it the quadracycle. its an electric vehical with four fork lift batteries in it and a super torque electric e-tech motor. its got fully independent suspension and four heavy duty bike tires on it... the beast can climb anything ill send you some pics...

Max, I think one of the first things I would check is the exhaust port. A good port would be 1.1" from the top. Keep the upper edge a slight curve for ring transfer, and make sure you round it over, (no sharp edges). Next lower the intake port to increase the port timing. There are two ways to do that, one is to carve a notch in the bottom skirt of the piston, this is the easiest way, or carve the port lower. I lower mine .25" but that is a little hot, but I like it, and it still idles good. If you do the porting you will have to be a little conservative or you will push the motor apart. Have fun, Dave
PS: The transfer ports are hard to carve.
thanks Dave... the engine is an "80cc" from spooky tooth... i havnt messed with the transfer ports either, it seems kinda hard to get in there... and the header pipe manifold is machined to match the cylinder... the cylinder/head is skimmed down to increase the compression with a better spark plug. the reed block sounds awsome, talk to easy rider about that, he showed me a race bike with the same engine with a reed cage on it and it looked pretty trick... and let me know of any other little mods or ideas you think would help... thanks Dave...

Attachments

• PICT0173.JPG
    PICT0173.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 262
Ultimusmaximus,

I would love to see your dads bike - it sounds excellent - send some videos/photos!
Also keep your ear out as you will start to hear the term 'power cycling' and 'power cycles' - this is the terminology now being used to describe motored bicycle racing and performance bikes. It is getting very exciting and i cant wait to reveal our new line - we 16 different bikes broken down between electric and petrol. You will need to get to l/a to have a test thrash later this year.
Mike

Back